Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2021 7:11:13 AM EDT
As far as FAL maintenance goes, is there a documented round count for swapping out the gas piston spring and recoil spring in the butt stock ? Ive never seen anything on when to replace. Just curious.WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:16:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I would get all that stuff now anyway even of its not time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have close to 20k rounds through my FAL and have never swapped the buttstock springs.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the real time usage.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have close to 20k rounds through my FAL and have never swapped the buttstock springs.
View Quote

I have one with close to 50K and the spring is within 1/2 inch or less of a new unused one. Going to need a barrel before a spring.

I did have on go south in another in about 15K. However it was kinked when a somewhat drunk friend rolled a chair over it when it was being built. I traightened it best as I could as I couldnt fing my box of spare bits and springs. Forgot about it and never replaced. Until it started have over bolt malfunctions.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have one with close to 50K and the spring is within 1/2 inch or less of a new unused one. Going to need a barrel before a spring.

I did have on go south in another in about 15K. However it was kinked when a somewhat drunk friend rolled a chair over it when it was being built. I traightened it best as I could as I couldnt fing my box of spare bits and springs. Forgot about it and never replaced. Until it started have over bolt malfunctions.
View Quote

I swapped out the bbl on mine at 10k (by me) through it as the groups opened up.

50k is impressive.  I thought I was a lunatic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#6]
The only spare I have is a topcover for the para, the things are built like tanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Gunplumber responded to my post on the fal files.  He stated the Outer spring should not be shorter than 19”.   Great info.   WarDawg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top