Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/14/2021 6:11:13 AM EST
As far as FAL maintenance goes, is there a documented round count for swapping out the gas piston spring and recoil spring in the butt stock ? Ive never seen anything on when to replace. Just curious.WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:16:03 AM EST
I would get all that stuff now anyway even of its not time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:47:58 PM EST
I have close to 20k rounds through my FAL and have never swapped the buttstock springs.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:43:38 PM EST
Thanks for the real time usage.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:07:17 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

I have close to 20k rounds through my FAL and have never swapped the buttstock springs.
View Quote

I have one with close to 50K and the spring is within 1/2 inch or less of a new unused one. Going to need a barrel before a spring.

I did have on go south in another in about 15K. However it was kinked when a somewhat drunk friend rolled a chair over it when it was being built. I traightened it best as I could as I couldnt fing my box of spare bits and springs. Forgot about it and never replaced. Until it started have over bolt malfunctions.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:55:02 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ARMALITE-FAN:

I have one with close to 50K and the spring is within 1/2 inch or less of a new unused one. Going to need a barrel before a spring.

I did have on go south in another in about 15K. However it was kinked when a somewhat drunk friend rolled a chair over it when it was being built. I traightened it best as I could as I couldnt fing my box of spare bits and springs. Forgot about it and never replaced. Until it started have over bolt malfunctions.
View Quote

I swapped out the bbl on mine at 10k (by me) through it as the groups opened up.

50k is impressive.  I thought I was a lunatic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:57:33 AM EST
The only spare I have is a topcover for the para, the things are built like tanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:14:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/20/2021 9:26:10 AM EST by DSArms_FAL]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:10:42 PM EST
Gunplumber responded to my post on the fal files.  He stated the Outer spring should not be shorter than 19”.   Great info.   WarDawg
Top Top