Posted: 7/8/2020 10:11:16 PM EDT
Anybody else not able to get in?

My connection times out.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#1]
AK files is down too
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't been there in several years, is Jen still running the place?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't get in just now.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
This is what I am seeing

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#5]
End of an era.

RIP
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw a post somewhere that their server was hacked and they are working on it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 1:29:04 AM EDT
[#7]
The mirror site is up, DABTL.0rg
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:56:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The mirror site is up, DABTL.0rg
View Quote

Hah!

Screw you.

No dice for me.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Huh... didn't realize they had the same servers or staff running both Falfiles and AKfiles.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:02:18 AM EDT
[#11]
It'll be interesting to see if the original site can be brought back.  I hope so...

If dramatically different, well...

Forrest

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Huh... didn't realize they had the same servers or staff running both Falfiles and AKfiles.
View Quote

Yeah but two totally different atmosperes, like oil and water
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Both sites should be back up in a few days according to Jen. She said the info was backed up so everything should be the same as before. She is working on updating the servers & security.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It'll be interesting to see if the original site can be brought back.  I hope so...

If dramatically different, well...

Forrest

View Quote

The old files membership is gone.  Some new folks have moved in with a resultant change in tenor.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:59:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I think it's gonna be a while, from the latest update on the temporary site.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I had to reapply under my user name on the site.

It seems even more dead than it was.  It seems a lot of folks who were still haunting the old site just haven’t bothered to sign up on the temporary one.  

Does DSA still have a falfiles discount?.  They had a really awkward period there.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Does DSA still have a falfiles discount?.  They had a really awkward period there.
View Quote

They stopped the discount years ago. The thrashing they received on their QC/QA probably helped matter little, but that's on them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They stopped the discount years ago. The thrashing they received on their QC/QA probably helped matter little, but that's on them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does DSA still have a falfiles discount?htt://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif.  They had a really awkward period there.

Yes, the builders who got unbuildable receivers were very vocal.  Most home builders weren’t set up to remachine the issues they encountered.  The commercial builder service guys also were critical.  

I am tempted but the $200 upcharge over their basic metrics has me a bit paused.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yes, the builders who got unbuildable receivers were very vocal.  Most home builders weren’t set up to remachine the issues they encountered.  The commercial builder service guys also were critical.
View Quote

The only problem I had with my receivers four years ago was that the locking shoulder dogleg hole was too short. DSA installed a locking shoulder and headspaced it all on their dime, so I can't complain. The rest of their issues they brought on themselves.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Good to hear they took care of it.  

Maybe I mixing up with Coonan receivers.  It’s been some time.......Falfiles was actually not dead then.  

My Coonan was a little tight in the locking shoulder install.   No other problems.  

It seems they all got some stark criticism.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 12:59:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Main site still down?
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I tried logging in to their temp combined site but it says my info is invalid? I've had an account on FALFILEs since around 2002
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#23]
You have to make a new account for the temporary site.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#24]
akfiles is back up (although with a radically different look), but falfiles is not back yet...

Forrest
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Once the migration is complete all user-info (join-date, member number) should appear when you get into the new site.

I basically never posted to AK files. But, it recognized me as "member 13" and join date of 2003.

Different culture there from what I see. Maybe they just need a little help. I'm an ADMIN there. Not sure if I'd be of much help though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I still can't get in!
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#28]
My login doesnt work
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My login doesnt work
View Quote

The entire membership was deleted so you have start all over.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#30]
You have to create a new log in account at the temp site but you can use your old 'files screen name if you want. Jen says all the membership accounts are still on the "real" FALfiles so we should be able to log in as usual when it comes back online.

Las estimate I heard was this weekend maybe.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#31]
FALFILES IS BACK UP!!!!!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I tried the Falfiles.com site and it wouldn't take my login.

Looks like it may be another day or two unless you are a contributor or site staff.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Looks like it may be another day or two unless you are a contributor or site staff.
View Quote

Jen said general access would be soon if everything works right and it seems to be working fine. She was able to save all the content so all the FAL knowledge is still there on tap.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Jen said general access would be soon if everything works right and it seems to be working fine. She was able to save all the content so all the FAL knowledge is still there on tap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, kept my feedback, my PM's and links seem to all be working.

Edit, SP
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Go to https://falfiles.com/

If you are an existing member as of the date of the ransomware attack, you should be able to log-in with all your old credentials.

Persons registering new accounts will have to wait until some more things get sorted.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Go to https://falfiles.com/

If you are an existing member as of the date of the ransomware attack, you should be able to log-in with all your old credentials.

Persons registering new accounts will have to wait until some more things get sorted.
View Quote

Saw your post and it let me in this time.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Saw your post and it let me in this time.  Thanks.
View Quote

Me, too...

As soon as I dropped the /forums on the temp site address...

Forrest

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Dupe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top