Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2021 4:15:02 PM EDT
Both pre samples. Help me decide. Which one would you get? Why? Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I own both guns but it would be hard for me to say which is a better fit for you.

What other machineguns do you already own (assume you own others being a SOT), what access to ranges do you have (i.e. can you shoot rifle caliber guns as easily as subguns), and do you have a preference for subguns over rifle caliber guns or vis versa.

Personally for me I would choose the HK33 over the Uzi, but I also am not really a very big Uzi fan (understanding that I am in the minority in this option) and am sort of an HK junkie myself.

I also prefer rifle caliber guns over subguns in general as well, but again that just me.

If I was an SOT and had access to presamples I would definitely buy another presample HK33 and swap or cut the barrel to make it an HK33K which is one of m favorite rifle caliber machineguns.  I wouldnt personally bother to buy another presample Uzi as I don't shoot the transferable one I own much to begin with.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Love them both. UZI is usually cheaper to feed. HK33 is usually a more expensive weapon. Prefer the M16 to the HK33, but I do enjoy my HK53 a lot for being compact with a side folder.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the Uzi and tell me where I can get the pre86 HK33.

You're kind of comparing 2 systems that don't relate.  Uzi is likely more controllable and cheaper to shoot. If I was going 5.56 I'd go with M16 but unfortunately any pre86 of those are extraordinary high due limit # of them imported. Off Colt brand would be cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#6]
The uzi is pretty meh to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get the Uzi and tell me where I can get the pre86 HK33.

You're kind of comparing 2 systems that don't relate.  Uzi is likely more controllable and cheaper to shoot. If I was going 5.56 I'd go with M16 but unfortunately any pre86 of those are extraordinary high due limit # of them imported. Off Colt brand would be cheaper.
View Quote

Lol the hk33 is gem mint!! I won’t say what I might be paying for it but will ask what are they going for “Now” a days! Yes I understand it’s not a good comparison.I’m not a huge fan of a m16, just weighing options. All input is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#8]
HK33

+1 convert to HK33k
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
HK33

+1 convert to HK33k
View Quote

That was my plan! If I went that route!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Also consider that you can run 9mm / 40SW / .357 Sig / .45ACP / 10mm / 22LR in the UZI.

With the way ammo is going these days...it gives you more options to what is available.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Also consider that you can run 9mm / 40SW / .357 Sig / .45ACP / 10mm / 22LR in the UZI.

With the way ammo is going these days...it gives you more options to what is available.
View Quote

This is true as well!!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is true as well!!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true as well!!!!
Just to add...don't know if you've tried UZI's in the different calibers...
In 9mm it is kinda boring as the full size UZI is kind of overbuilt for it (nice in the MINI UZI though).  
.40 / .45 / 10mm livens it up like a totally different gun.  
Get like 35 or so rounds with GG mags for .40SW / 10mm.

22LR is self explanatory and runs very well.....actually they all run well....but 22LR is worth noting since many 22LR kits are not known for running well in MG's.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In 9mm it is kinda boring as the full size UZI is kind of overbuilt for it (nice in the MINI UZI though).  

22LR is self explanatory and runs very well.....actually they all run well....but 22LR is worth noting since many 22LR kits are not known for running well in MG's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true as well!!!!

Hmmmmm!!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

You forgot .41AE...
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You forgot .41AE...
View Quote
Heh...nah intentionally left it out since it is so impractical.   I still have .41 magnum dies and some live .41AE rounds and brass with nothing that chambers it anymore.  Need to dump it.

On the note of oddball, I was thinking that someone should easily be able to also do a .22 TCM with just a custom barrel for the UZI.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Heh...nah intentionally left it out since it is so impractical.   I still have .41 magnum dies and some live .41AE rounds and brass with nothing that chambers it anymore.  Need to dump it.

On the note of oddball, I was thinking that someone should easily be able to also do a .22 TCM with just a custom barrel for the UZI.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You forgot .41AE...

btw. Thank you for all your research and dedication you have done with FA 22,9mm and 556 AR15 platforms. I have used a lot of your info and applied it. My M16 with the kynshot5005, Tubbs flat wire spring and Seekins atc brake runs like a dream. Feels like shooting a 22!!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#18]
If you've already got an M16, getting the Hk33 seems like just more of the same as what you already have except less optionable.
Getting the UZI would be a totally different platform (subgun) and range of available calibers. Of course, when you're talking about pre-samples, there are a lot of 9mm subgun flavors to choose from. Some commonly seen ones that come to mind other than the UZI would be a Beretta PM12s a Madsen 50 and the Walther MPL/MPK as well as the Mp5.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you've already got an M16, getting the Hk33 seems like just more of the same as what you already have except less optionable.
Getting the UZI would be a totally different platform (subgun) and range of available calibers. Of course, when you're talking about pre-samples, there are a lot of 9mm subgun flavors to choose from. Some commonly seen ones that come to mind other than the UZI would be a Beretta PM12s a Madsen 50 and the Walther MPL/MPK as well as the Mp5.
View Quote

Good thoughts here. My M16 is a postie. Madsen I have. Mpk or Mpl I would love but parts are rarer than blue Unicorns and a Premay Pm12 is like 20k(ouch)
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Good thoughts here. My M16 is a postie. Madsen I have. Mpk or Mpl I would love but parts are rarer than blue Unicorns and a Premay Pm12 is like 20k(ouch)
View Quote

Premay MP12s don't sell for anywhere near 20k. There was a guy listing one on GB recently for as low as 16k and it didn't sell. I think 13k - 14k is more realistic.

Another thing to consider about the Hk33 is the the barrel isn't chrome lined and 5.56 wears barrels out quickly. Especially in FA. And replacing barrels in a Hk isn't as easy or cheap as in the M16 (or the uzi for that matter). And 5.56 Hk mags aren't very cheap either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top