Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2023 11:08:06 PM EDT
When Frankford Arsenal was demonstrating their pre-production F-10 press a year or so ago...they had mentioned you can use their Universal Bullet Seating Die in it.

I had purchased 2 of them for 60 bucks each...so I figured what the hell...why not try it in the 750?

I set it up for running 223.

First snag was getting the die deep enough to work. Second was also missing the powder bar with a 3D printed knob on it.

After some trial and error, I ended up screwing the die all the way down so the bottom of the window in the die was flush with the top of the shell plate. I also used a dillon lock ring and installed it on the bottom  of the shell plate. This kept the window 100% open.

I still had to crank the micrometer down alot. Probably 3/4 of the way. For .223 this still leaves alot of adjustment IMO.

It's nice to just drop a bullet in the window of the die and go.

I have now run 600 hornady 55 gr fmj 400 hornady 55 hr SP and a few hundred 62 gr gold dots. Plenty of die adjustments. No rings on the bullets. Less dropped bullets.

Seems to be holding up just fine.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Now they're $115 each so to me, they've priced themselves out of the running.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It's FA so they'll probably be $19.99 in a week...lol
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I took my 750 toolhead and milled it down like the 300 blackout trimming toolhead is made. Then I deleted the failsafe rod on the measure and everything fits and works perfect.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They have the highest price on their own website.  MidwayUSA has them for $83, Brownells for $79.

I got mine for under $60 using birthday pricing at Midway.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I use them for 223 and 6mm ARC.  I was hoping I could use one for 300 BO as the window speeds things up quite a bit.  The short length of brass and longer heavier bullets make the window unusable so had to find something else.  I do like having a micrometer that comes with the FA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top