Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2019 1:28:24 AM EDT
I'm doing my first F1, eFile as an individual for an SBR. (Gonna be something vaguely MK-18-ish, maybe).

Anyway, do I mail in the photographs with my fingerprint cards or is there a way to upload them through the eFile site?
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 1:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 1:42:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Upload.
View Quote
Well, that's easy enough.

Follow-up question: I only just ordered the fingerprint cards yesterday morning. Did I submit the F1 now, or wait until I have the cards?
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 3:04:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well, that's easy enough.

Follow-up question: I only just ordered the fingerprint cards yesterday morning. Did I submit the F1 now, or wait until I have the cards?
View Quote
I cannot recall the specific amount of time but there is a deadline to get your prints in once you hit submit on the F1, I also do not now how strict the ATF is adhering to that deadline as well.

Edit: Per the cover letter after submitting the F1 you have 10 business days to get them your prints.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Picture gets uploaded during the eForm filing.

I normally like to have my FP cards completed before I file so that I can get them sent off the next day. While you do have 10 days to get them there, I don't want to risk it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#5]
ATF advertises that you have 10 days to mail your print cards and cover letter, but you’re actually allotted 30 calendar days from the date of submission before they will reject your form.  I only know this due to a recent postage SNAFU
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate bumping my own thread, but I'm starting to wonder about something:

I submitted my F1 on 5/28, and mailed my prints on 5/30. The delivery date forecast on the vending machine at the post office gave me an expected delivery date of 6/3.

Should I get some kind of notification when my prints are received? I've got nothing in my email and I can't find any updates on the eform site.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
No notification that they're receieved.  Only time you will hear something is when the form gets approved.  If you're worried you can email the experts and they'll tell you if they got them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No notification that they're receieved.  Only time you will hear something is when the form gets approved.  If you're worried you can email the experts and they'll tell you if they got them.
View Quote
Thanks for the info. If this is normal then I think I'm going to just leave Heather alone. She seems busy and I already had to bug her to fix something else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top