Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2018 9:23:10 AM EDT
First time this has happened to me:

Had my PVS-14 out last night and (because of the humidity??) the front/rear lenses on my NVGs were fogging up almost immediately.  They could be wiped clear with a lens cloth but it came right back.

I've never considered trying the demise shield before but I may try it tonight just to see what happens.

Any tips/tricks?
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you bring the unit outside from an air conditioned environment ? I always leave my thermals and NV in the pickup truck a few hours before my hunt so they warm up to the ambient outside temp ..
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you bring the unit outside from an air conditioned environment ? I always leave my thermals and NV in the pickup truck a few hours before my hunt so they warm up to the ambient outside temp ..
View Quote
Yes, I did and that was a huge part of the problem.  I'll try leaving it outside for a few hours today and see if it helps later tonight.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Also happens the other way around, being in whatever minus celcius temps, breathing can fog up the lenses fast. One big breath to the wrong direction and it's time to wipe the lenses. I guess that is not a huge issue in most parts of the US.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top