Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Went and shot another 300+ flawless rounds today with my dad.  He had a big smile on his face after doing a 33 round mag dump on steel. Told me he liked it a lot better than his AR9 pistol and he wanted to buy it off me.  Seeing him that happy I couldn't say no.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Put another 200rounds through it no malfunction that makes 700 rounds with no malfunctions mostly 115gr fmj and some 124gr hp +p
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a preferred place to purchase these from?  Or is it all direct from the manufacturer?
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a preferred place to purchase these from?  Or is it all direct from the manufacturer?
View Quote
Direct from Extar.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone get their rail yet?

Kinda Thought they were gunna send a pair.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
As far as I know, they are selling direct right now.

I ordered on a Friday afternoon and it arrived at my dealer the next Thursday.  That included my dealer having to send their FFL and it being confirmed by extar.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Got an email a couple days saying I should be getting it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Just put an order in for one.  Hoping it lives up to expectations as I am thinking of this for a trunk gun.  It definitely looks promising though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just put an order in for one.  Hoping it lives up to expectations as I am thinking of this for a trunk gun.  It definitely looks promising though.
View Quote
I'm holding out for either the .45 or the 10mm.  I'm thinking more the .45.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As far as I know, they are selling direct right now.

I ordered on a Friday afternoon and it arrived at my dealer the next Thursday.  That included my dealer having to send their FFL and it being confirmed by extar.
View Quote
Thanks. I’m being frugal with my per diem money and thinking of rewarding myself.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I got my rail though I doubt I ever use it
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm holding out for either the .45 or the 10mm.  I'm thinking more the .45.
View Quote
If the 9mm turns out well I may buy the .45 as well.  I own a G34, G17, and a G26 so the 9mm made sense for now since I have a ton of mags for it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 5:04:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Extar seems to be the reincarnation of Professional Ordnance.  The address is the same.  For those that don't remember, they made the Carbon-15 before Bushmaster bought their assets.

Anyone have the specs on the barrel and bolt materials?  I can't find it on their site.  The 45 ACP and 10mm specs say they've got an NP3 coated chamber.  Are you seeing that on their EP9?

I'm glad to hear that no one is having issues with these.  A buddy of mine had an original P.O. Carbon-15 and it was really light, reliable, and fun.  However from what I heard, he got lucky with his and that's why I never bought one.  That may have to change for me with the EP series.
View Quote
Pass.  I had a P.O.  carbon 15 pistol that the front fell off.  I’ll see if I can find a picture.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pass.  I had a P.O.  carbon 15 pistol that the front fell off.  I'll see if I can find a picture.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Extar seems to be the reincarnation of Professional Ordnance.  The address is the same.  For those that don't remember, they made the Carbon-15 before Bushmaster bought their assets.

Anyone have the specs on the barrel and bolt materials?  I can't find it on their site.  The 45 ACP and 10mm specs say they've got an NP3 coated chamber.  Are you seeing that on their EP9?

I'm glad to hear that no one is having issues with these.  A buddy of mine had an original P.O. Carbon-15 and it was really light, reliable, and fun.  However from what I heard, he got lucky with his and that's why I never bought one.  That may have to change for me with the EP series.
Pass.  I had a P.O.  carbon 15 pistol that the front fell off.  I'll see if I can find a picture.
I don't think the two are related. They used to make the EXT 556 distributed by new frontier. Don't think it was related to the carbon 15. Could be wrong

Eta. a little more research seems to confirm this.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't think the two are related. They used to make the EXT 556 distributed by new frontier. Don't think it was related to the carbon 15. Could be wrong

Eta. a little more research seems to confirm this.
View Quote
https://web.archive.org/web/20020603165407fw_/http://www.carbon-15.com:80/faq_ff.html
Professional Ordnance
1070 Metric Drive
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
Tel: (520)505-2420
Fax: (520)505-2141

The address is the same.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Is it possible to swap the barrel and/or handguard on these?  Obviously the handguard would probably have to have the same OD as the one that comes on it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020603165407fw_/http://www.carbon-15.com:80/faq_ff.html
Professional Ordnance
1070 Metric Drive
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
Tel: (520)505-2420
Fax: (520)505-2141

The address is the same.
View Quote
Interesting. Somehow completely missed your post about professional ordnance.  My 2 sec of google lead me to believe it was a bushmaster product.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Interesting. Somehow completely missed your post about professional ordnance.  My 2 sec of google lead me to believe it was a bushmaster product.
View Quote
Bushy bought out PO's Carbon-15 after they filed for Chapter 11.  The PO Carbon-15 had issues.  When they were good, they were awesome.  That was more the exception, not the rule.  We're talking this was 15+ years ago.  I personally thought the Carbon-15 was an amazing piece of innovation at the time mixing proprietary lightweight parts in with an AR platform.  They were one of the first to do this.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#19]
How hard is it to chamber a round? I may buy one for my mom, who is very petite and needs something that is easy to chamber/rack.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:35:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine showed up Friday.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#21]
It finally arrived.  So far I like it quite a bit.  I will like it better if it holds up to the abuse I am going to put it through this shooting season.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It finally arrived.  So far I like it quite a bit.  I will like it better if it holds up to the abuse I am going to put it through this shooting season.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/265523/FB_IMG_1526084565172-541294.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How hard is it to chamber a round? I may buy one for my mom, who is very petite and needs something that is easy to chamber/rack.
View Quote
Very easy
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Very easy
View Quote
Thanks, much appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine showed up Tuesday. Ran a few rounds through it, no issues. Today's issue is, my Ghost 1/2x28 fixed mount won't screw on, not even a full turn. Nothing else I have in 1/2x28tpi(including an adjustable die) will fit, just the factory brake.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Does it have 1/2×36 threads? Many places use that for 9mm. Keeps morons from screwing on a .223 flash hider. Mine have both, depending on manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 12:22:31 AM EDT
[#27]
I'd like to see it with a snugged up shockwave blade
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 12:38:38 AM EDT
[#28]
A thousand less then a cmmg banshee.......
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'd like to see it with a snugged up shockwave blade
View Quote
The tube will fit both.  I don't have one or I'd take pictures.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Anything breaking on these???
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I plan on taking my out tomorrow morning after work and putting a few hundred rounds through it again.  NATO ball, some of the cheap Remington from Academy, various old stuff in my stash that I'm trying to shoot up and just seems like the perfect gun to shoot up odd ball ammo in LOL
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I plan on taking my out tomorrow morning after work and putting a few hundred rounds through it again.  NATO ball, some of the cheap Remington from Academy, various old stuff in my stash that I'm trying to shoot up and just seems like the perfect gun to shoot up odd ball ammo in LOL
View Quote
That is what I did today.  Made a review overall about it so far as well.

My review
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
Good video. Liked and subscribed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm interested...
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#36]
What iron sights would you run on this?

What the most minimalist sights out there????
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What iron sights would you run on this?

What the most minimalist sights out there????
View Quote
I bet a set of irons from a CZ Evo would work great.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Bushy bought out PO's Carbon-15 after they filed for Chapter 11.  The PO Carbon-15 had issues.  When they were good, they were awesome.  That was more the exception, not the rule.  We're talking this was 15+ years ago.  I personally thought the Carbon-15 was an amazing piece of innovation at the time mixing proprietary lightweight parts in with an AR platform.  They were one of the first to do this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The genesis of the Carbon-15 was the 1994 AW ban's limitation on handgun weight.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Anybody know what the accuracy of these is at 100 yards? And anyone run one suppressed yet?
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Put another 200 round through that makes a total of 900 and I had my first malfunctions I had a light primer strike that I fed back through and it fired and I had a failure to feed both with Winchester white box 124gr nato ball I also ran a magazine of steel case 115gr fmj that it ate fine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Put another 200 round through that makes a total of 900 and I had my first malfunctions I had a light primer strike that I fed back through and it fired and I had a failure to feed both with Winchester white box 124gr nato ball I also ran a magazine of steel case 115gr fmj that it ate fine.
View Quote
Still that ain't bad. If I get the EP45 I think I'll put a Hiperfire trigger in it (to avoid any light primer strikes) a red dot on top and call it good. The price of these is just so much more reasonable than the CMMG PCCs. I really want a CMMG PCC, but they are just too rich for my blood currently.

I think these EXTAR EP PCCs are worth the risk.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Still that ain't bad. If I get the EP45 I think I'll put a Hiperfire trigger in it (to avoid any light primer strikes) a red dot on top and call it good. The price of these is just so much more reasonable than the CMMG PCCs. I really want a CMMG PCC, but they are just too rich for my blood currently.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I definitely think they are worth the money,they're not anywhere near the level of CMMG but they are accurate and go bang when you pull the trigger I like the ergonomics and weight of them only time will tell if they hold up,I like mine well enough to buy the 10mm when it comes out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks backbencher.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quite welcome.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 1:15:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Well a hyper fire 24 trigger will not work looks like one of my ar's is getting a new trigger
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Are these comparable to the FX9?
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well a hyper fire 24 trigger will not work looks like one of my ar's is getting a new trigger
View Quote
Geometry is off or what?
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#50]
I took mine out a couple days ago to run some more rounds through it.

3 Glock OEM 17 round magazines full of random Winchester ammo that is easily 10 years old.  No misfires or jams, bolt locked back properly.

3 ETS 31rd magazines.  One had 25 rounds of CCI Blazer, no problems at all. I don't remember if he bought walk back or not because this is the last ETS magazine I tried.

One magazine had 15 rounds alternating between Blazer, Winchester steel case and Old Federal brass case ammo.  I had a few snags With Us magazine, not liking bag after the last shot and a miss feed.

Another had 20 rounds of Remington lead-free Full Metal Jacket. I probably bought this around 2005 when my Walmart was clearancing it out at $3 a box.  It didn't do well at all, I didn't even get halfway through the magazine when I gave up because of Miss feeds.

I bought five ETS 31 round magazines from PSA, so it's possible these might be old stock so I will contact ETS to see if they have the updated followers or not. I have not had a chance to use them in my Glock 19 so I don't know if the issue what happened there too.

So far the ep9 works fine with Glock OEM 17 & 33 round magazines.  I'm going to stick to Modern ammunition from now on to make sure there are no issues with the gun and not ammunition related to problems. Besides, I have a Glock to eat all that old junk
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top