Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2018 3:04:09 PM EDT
Bought my Extar EP9 last week.  Initial impressions were good and the fit and finish were much better than I had expected out of such a cheap pistol.

The only issue I have found is that the Korean 33rd mags are a tight fit.  They do not drop free but seat well.  That is more of a mag issue than the gun.  All other mags I tried worked great.  I used ETS 27 rounders, factory glock 17 rounders, the 18rd mag that came with it, and 17 round Pmags.

Now today I was able to take it out for the first time.  500 problem free rounds except for one pmag that hated Winchester Forged.  That ammo is terrible.  Ran my reloads, Winchester trash ammo (forged), and some federal brass cased.  The gun ate what ever I put through it.  Surprisingly accurate as well.

I would recommend this gun as a range toy for now, but once I get another thousand rounds or so through it i may upgrade that.  I want to see how much abuse this thing can take.

Set up with a cheap red/green dot off Amazon. Also has the 18rd mag that came with the gun inserted.
Attachment Attached File

With the 33rd Korean mag.  They fit tight and won't drop free.
Attachment Attached File

The 27 round ETS mag.  Works great and drops free when empty.
Attachment Attached File

From left to right.  1st target was the initial sight in. 2nd target was a 17rd mag of reloads. 3rd target was 33rds of factory federal 115gr ammo. Shot at 25 yards.
Attachment Attached File

Put 90rds of mixed reloads and factory ammo on this target. Wasn't really going slow for accuracy not was I just blasting as fast as I could.  Shot at 25 yards.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Good review
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything breaking on these?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anything breaking on these?
View Quote
Not that I have found when researching.  I personally haven't used mine enough to see what is going to fail or wear out.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#4]
This actually peaks my interest....
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#5]
damn. I just saw this review, I was trying to figure out if I should jump on it. I mean with the SBT brace, its even cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
damn. I just saw this review, I was trying to figure out if I should jump on it. I mean with the SBT brace, its even cheaper.
View Quote
It was a decent deal.  I had to jump on it.  I plan on doing the 45 version as well.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Pls let me know...is the bolt/barrel ext. of the 9mm version more squared off like a typical colt style 9mm or is there a big feed cone and a bolt w beveled edges like the 45 version as shown in these pic:

Also, how close is the top cartridge positioned before the cone?  Is it like right in front of it or is there some distance it has to travel to get there?

Any chance someone could get a pic in the side port w a loaded mag inserted w the bolt open?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Greetings folks,   The EP9 manual states to run it dry, no lubricant...   any know of a particular reason for this, or is it that some chemicals might affect the polymer material?   I have never owned a firearm that did not benefit from a light application of lube..

also i am curious about HP ammo, and if it feeds it reliably... no real feed ramp in there that I can see...

I like this firearm a lot, but am working thru others experiences with it to help me make a decision...

Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Any new info on this? I am very interested!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top