Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2019 12:26:56 PM EDT
I only knew about gray, so I asked the seller if it was painted or dyed. He responded stating it's factory black.
Attachment Attached File

Found one blurb (on Pete's site of course) of their existence.
Factory Steyr Black USR Stock & Grip Kit 100% NIW Never Opened Comes Complete As Pictured W/ Butt Plate/Sling Pin/Grip
Very Rare Only 50 Imported $sold

Pres. Clinton Banned 1997 20" Black A2 Steyr USR 100% NIB
* Rare 1 of only 10 Factory Black USRs imported *  912USR0XX Matching #s
Comes With Original Box, Warrany Card, Manual, Lens Caps
Sling & 1 10 Round Mag $sold
View Quote
So apparently that's super rare?
It seems the serial should fall between 912USR001 - 912USR010 if that is its factory configuration?
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I already replied on the group, but I have one. They're legitimately factory black USR stocks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I already replied on the group, but I have one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I think I already replied on the group, but I have one.

Nice, thanks.

They're legitimately factory black USR stocks.
Yeah I understand that, but are there only 60 of them in the U.S?

Were black USR stocks sold in other countries?
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as I know, which is based off of GSi and Pete, there just the 10 and the 50.

New Zealand had an AUG Z or USR Sport, something like that, that used black USR stocks. I might have a picture of it in the CF known as Photobucket, will check tonight.

Could someone have brought in a NZ stock? Sure, but not likely. What would the guy in NZ use for a stock once his is gone? The USA and one or two European countries are the only sources of AUG parts. I'd say a black factory USR stock being outside the 60 known is highly unlikely.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you can scratch New Zealand off the list.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one from Pete / PJ back in the late 90's, and still have it installed on my USR.  After the USR and the early HK SL-8 and USC, everyone hated gray.  Funny how two decades later, gray is now the cool color.  Stealth gray, Urban gray, wolf gray...
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bought one from Pete / PJ back in the late 90's, and still have it installed on my USR.  After the USR and the early HK SL-8 and USC, everyone hated gray.  Funny how two decades later, gray is now the cool color.  Stealth gray, Urban gray, wolf gray...
View Quote
I still feel the same way about the "HK civilian grey" color then as I do today. I wouldn't buy a firearm in that color, ever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top