Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2018 4:37:52 PM EDT
Hi all,

I just picked up a used Torch Pro MkII, and I'm thinking about running it on rechargeable cells. Do any of you have any experience with this illuminator and alternative batteries? I'm trying to get away from CR123As because the price quickly adds up for a light that gets a lot of use. I do understand that this will void the warranty.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you! That voltage fluctuation thing is a major problem with those RCR123 cells that are internally down-regulated to 3.0 Volts. I had hoped to run it off a single unprotected 16650, as there are now some Sanyo cell 16650s that are as reliable as the Panasonic NCR18650s. But if the lower end of the allowable voltage range for the Torch is 4.0 Volts, run time would be short. Oh, well...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top