User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2022 8:18:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#1]
That's good news
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Great news, I just looked today and I'm down to three pounds of FFFG.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Great news, I’m ready to get my first muzzle loader
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Great news, I'm ready to get my first muzzle loader
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice to hear that for sure!
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Will it be sold as gunpowder or are they using the plant to expand their rocket fuel manufacturing?
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Are those the model rocket people, Estes?
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Now this IS an interesting development, looking forward to Estes brand Black Powder.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Four
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 4:20:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Sweet , I really like OE , only have 3 lbs left .
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's good news
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2022 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Excellent news!

I had worried that commercial production of black powder was going to disappear into the past - at least for a few years if not decades.

I'm glad to have been wrong.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's awesome!
I take it this is part of a science/physics class?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was curious about that as well so I looked into it.
Estes Energetics is the company buying GOEX
They are a spin off of the Estes model rocket company and "bridges the gap between the hobby and rocket industry and large aerospace companies"

That's awesome.  I just got a grant approved (again) to buy Estes Alpha rockets and motors for all of my students.  Cool to think this educational endeavor is also supporting the 2A even if it's in a roundabout way.

That's awesome!
I take it this is part of a science/physics class?

Naw.  5th grade Gifted Enrichment class.  We'll do some lessons on the Laws of Motion, aerodynamics, the stages of a rocket's flight, calculate height of apogee, develop a set of launch / safety procedures, and do a little bit about the history of the Space Race if we have time.  Best part is we get to spend a good portion of a warm spring day outside shooting rockets.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Naw.  5th grade Gifted Enrichment class.  We'll do some lessons on the Laws of Motion, aerodynamics, the stages of a rocket's flight, calculate height of apogee, develop a set of launch / safety procedures, and do a little bit about the history of the Space Race if we have time.  Best part is we get to spend a good portion of a warm spring day outside shooting rockets.
View Quote

That's awesome. Back in the mid 80's our 5th grade class all built model rockets and launched them at the school football field. I didn't think such a thing would happen today.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My sister homeschools her kids (all 6, soon to be 7 of them) and they just did model rockets.
Unfortunately, snowbanks make recovering said rocket rather difficult.

Dont know why they didnt wait till spring
View Quote

Maybe b/c she doesn't want to do model rockets again?  
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's awesome. Back in the mid 80's our 5th grade class all built model rockets and launched them at the school football field. I didn't think such a thing would happen today.
View Quote

It depends.  In my previous school district they became so risk-averse they tried to limit me to water rockets made from 2-liter soda bottles so I just quit doing it (it's an after-school program I run because I enjoy it).  I changed districts a few years ago, to a more rural district, and now I'm back to doing it right.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My sister homeschools her kids (all 6, soon to be 7 of them) and they just did model rockets.
Unfortunately, snowbanks make recovering said rocket rather difficult.

Dont know why they didnt wait till spring
View Quote

You just have to figure in you'll lose a couple.  Sometimes tough for the kids to take but it's a reality.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:40:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It depends.  In my previous school district they became so risk-averse they tried to limit me to water rockets made from 2-liter soda bottles so I just quit doing it (it's an after-school program I run because I enjoy it).  I changed districts a few years ago, to a more rural district, and now I'm back to doing it right.
View Quote
When I was in middle school our chemistry teacher showed us electrolysis to separate hydrogen and oxygen.  We were also doing 2L bottle rockets....one got loaded with hydrogen as an experiment.  He laid down with a BBQ lighter and lit it off.....the boom was impressive.  Didn't get in any trouble either IIRC . The 90s were a fun time.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:36:29 PM EDT
[#25]
When I was in high school in the 70s, a kid dropped a big chunk of sodium into a bucket of water outside the science room window. The ensuing explosion got us all evacuated out of the school!
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank God
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Still no BP to be had up here. I found two cans of Goex FFFg at a gun show this weekend and paid dearly for them @ $55 a pound!
But after talking about my 1862 Richmond, the gentleman also Produced a can of musket caps which weren’t on the table.
I have not seen them anywhere around here also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top