Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2018 12:52:30 PM EDT
Is Estate ammo ( 7.5 , 8 ,and 9's ) good ammo for Skeet, Trap, SC ?  I think it's made by Federal and you can find it sometimes on sale for $55.00 a case shipped .
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It's been good for me. Don't know how good those hulls are for reloading.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
yes it is gtg. we used in in my club for a few years.....

we have had some of the -cheap- members reload it with federal data with reported good results, but the hulls feather earlier than the premium stuff....
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies . Not gonna reload it . Is 1145 fps a good velocity for Trap ? Shooting a O/U .
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#4]
1145 fps for 16 yard trap is fine.

The slower speed will have less recoil that the same shot weight in a faster load.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yes it is gtg. we used in in my club for a few years.....

we have had some of the -cheap- members reload it with federal data with reported good results, but the hulls feather earlier than the premium stuff....
View Quote
Estate uses two different hulls the one style has paper base wads the same as the low end federal hulls. They also have cheddite hulls. I don’t load cheddites in 12ga but a lot of people do. I do load cheddites 16ga hulls.

I bought 10+ flats of estates over winter for 40ea from a local place. They aren’t my favorite or even close to it but they are gtg.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top