Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2021 7:22:20 PM EDT
I am adding Kywi inserts to some mag pouches for my first line belt and was wondering if I keep my mag in them will they take a set and loose thier retention?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine haven't.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:44:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am adding Kywi inserts to some mag pouches for my first line belt and was wondering if I keep my mag in them will they take a set and loose thier retention?

Thanks
View Quote

Mine are still good with a lot of use. If they do loosen, pop them out of the pouch and apply heat while squeezing them together to reset them. It's just kydex.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:55:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
I’ve had the same set of kywis (pistol and rifle) since 2014 that have seen some really solid use. They’re awesome.

I DID have an issue with the pistol ones though. I usually use a Glock19 and it holds the mags snugly. When I tried M17 mags in there, they were sort of snug, but when I turned my belt upside down and shook, they all fell out. Doesn’t happen with my .40cal M&P mags, but they’re a tad thicker so the jury is still out on wether it’s the Kywis or a coating on the M17 mags.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mine are still good with a lot of use. If they do loosen, pop them out of the pouch and apply heat while squeezing them together to reset them. It's just kydex.
View Quote
Users can use heat to "adjust" kydex, either tighter or looser.  Be careful till you get the hang of it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Users can use heat to "adjust" kydex, either tighter or looser.  Be careful till you get the hang of it.
View Quote

We encourage this

And will warranty if you muck it up
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We encourage this

And will warranty if you muck it up
View Quote
Thanks for all the replys.

Esstac, thanks for the fast shipping as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top