Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2018 9:49:17 PM EDT
I'm looking for a custom sheath for an Esee 5. I'd like to belt carry it but be able to adjust it from horizontal to vertical carry.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#1]
@RTOinIraq I used to have a thread on here on how to make your own leather sheaths using stuff from Hobby Lobby. About $50 will get you enough stuff to make several sheaths and you can make them to suit your needs/wants. Make one for vertical another for horizontal. Make them so that the knife can be reversed in the sheath for strong side or weak side carry. It's really nice to have multiple sheaths because you can have one knife and multiple sheaths to suit different purposes. I always hated having a knife rigged up on a piece of gear to the point where it was a nightmare to remove and put back if I needed it somewhere else. Now I can move that one knife from the sheath rigged on my camelback to a dangler on my belt.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 12:46:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Sixnine, I seem to recall that thread.  Is it gone now?  I’d like to read it again since I’m interested in making a leather sheath myself.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at the Architect from Armatus Carry.

I have 6 or 7 of them now and can't recommend them enough.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#5]
SageWood Gear

This is my favorite. But they have many options. Some with pouches and fire steel.

https://sagewoodgear.com/products/leather-knife-sheaths/esee/esee5/

Just be sure to grab the vertical conversion option if you want to have it horizontal and vertical.

Also check out Hedgehog Leatherworks. These are Very premium.

Another option is to just use the already awesome sheath the 5 comes with. Just buy a Tek-Lok plate (Large size). These can be made for vert or horizontal configs.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top