Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2018 3:40:58 AM EDT
I'm in the process of buying a sporterized No4. The ad says No4 Mk1, but are there any outside characteristics of a Mk1 that I can see in a picture to prove that it is one? The pictures aren't the clearest so I can't make out the markings too well. The forend was cut down, and there's a couple on ebay, but it's marked No4 only without saying Mk1 or Mk2.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 4:51:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Does it still have the original buttplate? If so, generally, brass = Mk II, black/gray metal = Mk I.

Also, the trigger is pinned to the receiver on a 2; on the trigger guard on a 1, but if the pics are blurry I doubt you can tell.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes. The easiest way to tell a Mk. I vs. a Mk. 2 is the rear of the forestock, which is generally still present even when sporterized. On a Mk. I, there is a metal tie plate there. On a Mk. 2, there is a screw.

Here's a visual example - top, Mk. 2 (screw), bottom Mk. I (plate).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Can anyone confirm that this is a Mk1 stock? It's the rear of the forend.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a Mk l forearm. It's inletted for the tie plate MVolkJ mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 12:15:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a Mk l forearm. It's inletted for the tie plate MVolkJ mentioned.
View Quote
Thank You, this is extremely helpful!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top