Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2018 3:42:19 PM EDT
I'm a firefighter and i've found that ear protection is hard to come by and remeber to put in, not to mention how much it cuts you off from your surroundings when on scene.  There seems to be a total lack of people wearing ear pro in the fire service overall.  Earmuffs aren't an option due to interference with helmet, hood, and face mask.  I'm looking at a few electronic ear bud options but they all seem to have mixed reviews.  Does anyone here have personal experience with these things and what do you recommend?  My budget is 500 dollars but I'd prefer to get closer to 300 if possible.

Thanks for any insight.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The Peltor TEP series seem to be liked. I don't have personal experience with them but a few others here do.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Peltor TEP series seem to be liked. I don't have personal experience with them but a few others here do.
View Quote
I’ve used them. They’re great when they work right. Pricey.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I’ve used them. They’re great when they work right. Pricey.
View Quote
Great when they work right isn't confidence inspiring lol
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have first-hand experience, but something to look at might be the Nacre Quiet-Pro system.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 12:23:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Just get the peltor combat arms tactical ear buds
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Talking about These?

OR these?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I've heard good things about the Silynx Clarus Pro, and may try them out myself.  I too would like ready to go earpro that you don't have to think about, that also doesn't impede your hearing in normal situations.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Talking about These?

OR these?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talking about These?

OR these?
If you want electronic then the second one. Those are the TEP-100's, part of the TEP series I mentioned.

The first link is some passive plugs with an "open" position that just acts like a less effective plug. Let's more sound in, blocks less. Not that exciting.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Luv my TEP 100s...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top