Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2020 7:39:54 PM EDT
I was telling a friend about form 1 cans and I bought a little kit to throw one together.  First time using Eform 1 and it will not let me get past "Manufacturer" to enter details.  I did email "ask the expert" but they won't answer for a while.  I did use the "search" feature as usually suggested but nothing pertinent came up.  Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was telling a friend about form 1 cans and I bought a little kit to throw one together.  First time using Eform 1 and it will not let me get past "Manufacturer" to enter details.  I did email "ask the expert" but they won't answer for a while.  I did use the "search" feature as usually suggested but nothing pertinent came up.  Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.
View Quote

For Manufacturer did you put Form 1 Registration?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Click the button for Manufacturer Code (instead of Manufacturer Name).

Use FMI (letter “I”, not number “1”).
View Quote

@BigWaylon

Did I do the Form 1 wrong by using Manufacturer Name and Form 1 Registration? This is how my last Form1 Can was done.    

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The ATF eform "help" page tells you to use the code option and then enter FMI.  When you do that, the generated form 1 PDF has "FORM 1 REGISTRATION, UNITED STATES" for the manufacturer city and state.
Bonus points, when you do that, it takes a while to load the next step because its loading all the previous model names folks have used.  You can scroll down and read them and some are pretty funny.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The ATF eform "help" page tells you to use the code option and then enter FMI.  When you do that, the generated form 1 PDF has "FORM 1 REGISTRATION, UNITED STATES" for the manufacturer city and state.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I probably did that the first time and didn't remember. So I look at it for the next one and just mimicked what it said, but just did it the long way.

Quoted:Bonus points, when you do that, it takes a while to load the next step because its loading all the previous model names folks have used.  You can scroll down and read them and some are pretty funny.

One was the model name I made up for my cans. I call them HushPuppy and Serial number starts with HP and then cal followed by a dash and SN.

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you all.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought I would add some more info to this post.  I had mentioned that I bought a solvent trap for a play build, actually I bought two.  I was curious as to their construction.  I actually was solicited for a solvent trap on Facebook, the company had a Denver address and took Paypal so I gave it a shot.  The purchase date was 4/26/20 and the traps arrived from China today (apparently the "warehouse" was out of stock).  Total out of pocket including shipping was $78.

First was a monocore.  I guess it is 22LR sized.  Interestingly enough it was ready to shoot with the two endcaps supplied.  Please spare the lecture regarding shooting it, I know.  All aluminium, nicely finished, some leftover milling alum. in the monocore, two caps, and a funny straw I guess for the solvent trap to function.

The next was I assume a rifle can, all Al, nice heavy K bafffles undrilled but dimpled, o rings, same nice anodized finish.

I will give it some thought and see which I will efile on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top