Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2021 11:48:35 PM EDT
I just got a Galvion Viper A3 full cut.  Before having a helmet I'd just run my MSA Sordin ear pro.  It is now obvious that the MSA wont work.  Those Otto NoizeBarriers are too expensive and I don't like foam plugs.  Hoping to find something that works but also works like the MSA with the noise cancelling/reproduction.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 12:12:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not an expert, but remove the crown pad, reconfigure side pads to accommodate the top strap, move on.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:54:57 AM EDT
[#2]
If it comes time to wear battle rattle, ear pro is the least of your worries.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to run Comtac IIIs under an ACH -- you'll want to have the helmet sized up one size from your true size, to fit the headset. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world, either, but it works.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Walker razors work, Howard Leights work, Peltors work, MSA/Liberators all work with the ACH.

Pro Move: take out the circular crown pad and replace with with 2 of the smaller “oval” pads to create a headband channel.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone tried the OTTO Noisebarrier headsets from DISCO32? I got an email from them back in stock.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Walker razors work, Howard Leights work, Peltors work, MSA/Liberators all work with the ACH.

Pro Move: take out the circular crown pad and replace with with 2 of the smaller “oval” pads to create a headband channel.
View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Pro Move: take out the circular crown pad and replace with with 2 of the smaller "oval" pads to create a headband channel.
View Quote
I've seen this suggested a few times in my research.  I don't think it'll work with mine because it has a BOA harness and isn't held on with just the pads.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#8]
What kind of boa? Just run the earmuffs band between the boa and the helmet.

It’s how you mount to an OpsCore without pulling your ear pro apart.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone know of a helmet/external rail mount system that will allow use with a MICH/ACH cut helmet?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Well plugs will always work.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What kind of boa? Just run the earmuffs band between the boa and the helmet.

It's how you mount to an OpsCore without pulling your ear pro apart.
View Quote

That's what I ended up doing.  I have 2 helmets.  One had a boa-type suspension thing and the headband doesn't fit quite right around it.  One the other, it just has pads and a chin strap.  That one worked fine but seems like it holds the helmet up a tad higher.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 1:20:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Does anyone know of a helmet/external rail mount system that will allow use with a MICH/ACH cut helmet?
View Quote

No, they’re kinda mutually exclusive. It would have to be some weird camming/cantilever kind of system for it to work.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pro Move: take out the circular crown pad and replace with with 2 of the smaller "oval" pads to create a headband channel.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If it comes time to wear battle rattle, ear pro is the least of your worries.
View Quote

The old 13B would say this

I've worn MSA Sordins, Peltor Comtac IIIs, and Ops-core AMPs under my ACH.  They all worked okay, the Sordins didn't fit as well and would cause headaches after a while, the others were fine. I was using issued pads with the crown pad replaced by two oval pads along with an ops-core H-nape chin strap.

With your boa harness you'd probably have to put the ear pro outside the boa to get it comfortable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top