Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2021 12:14:54 PM EDT
Curious if anyone has tried these.

https://esstac.com/magnet-single-pistol-kywi/

I know people sometimes use magnetic pouches in competition but I can see where it may be handy for admin functions (stowing a magazine during a dry demo maybe) or maybe a place to stow a handheld light during remedial action in low light. I'm probably going to try one out but even if it's worthless it isn't taking any more real estate than any other single mag pouch. I would be interested to hear anyone's experience. Were they actually useful or just wasted money?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
How is that worth the weight penalty?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know. That's why I was asking.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I did email them to suggest placing a magnet like this along the beltline inside the opening of their dump pouch. Then I could quit digging out water bottles, half eaten Snickers, and toenail clippings everytime I want to find that partial I tossed in there. Maybe a small metal plate strategically placed in the pouch itself and you could ditch the straps for rolling it up and just use the magnet to close it up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For gun games, I have been using it for my start mag letting me ditch one pouch.  Handy for unloaded(first mag on the magnet) or table starts with mags on table(tossing reload on the magnet)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72956/IMG_20210712_235133_456-2023865.jpg

Has also done well for non gaming tac mag changes.

Takes some getting used to but once you start using it you'll find more uses for it and find its handy.  We have even put a metal plate between our timer and its rubber cover so it'll stick

View Quote

How do they do with Glock magazines?

I try to keep my pouches full so I can limit trips back to the table but I am constantly clearing out to coach one thing or another. I always drop the magazine I just dropped into my dump pouch and then have to dig for it again. I think this would be nice for that doing a quick demo and loading back up.
As for the weight penalty, I can't imagine a small magnet weighs much when you consider all of the other crap on my belt. I'll drop a chemlights and probably be back to even.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I can handle a 1.6 oz weight gain. I'll take a drink out of my water bottle and be back down to where I started.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Not Esstac's, but I used mine frequently in theater when we had to clear weapons 30 times a day.  The magnet held my mag as I cleared the handgun; administratively functional.  Didn't work with M4 mags that weren't steel though.

ROCK6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top