Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2021 7:31:27 PM EDT
One the last 2 SBR's I have done ATF  has asked for engraving pics on the gun not my name/ city but whats engraved from the manufacture, I thought it was odd the 1st time but ow its 2 for 2. Has anyone else had this issue? A friend said it might be because decades ago M11's somehow changed into 1919's???
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
One the last 2 SBR's I have done ATF  has asked for engraving pics on the gun not my name/ city but whats engraved from the manufacture, I thought it was odd the 1st time but ow its 2 for 2. Has anyone else had this issue? A friend said it might be because decades ago M11's somehow changed into 1919's???
View Quote

out of curiosity, was the model you selected in the drop down or did you have to add a new one?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Both were in  the drop down menu, one was a 1927a1 Thompson and the other was a semi auto PPSH41
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
It happens sometimes, especially if it's uncommon firearms or something they've not gotten before.  I had to do it once and it was no problem.  You'll be good so long as what you put on the form matches what's actually there and in the picture you send.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#4]
They approved both already the PPSH i get but the tommy gun threw me off lol
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I had them ask when I did my Thompson. I don't remember what the exact issue was but I sent the pics in the morning and had it approved before the end of the day.  No biggy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I've always just proactively attached a picture of the markings. I figure it takes me 30 seconds and if it reduces the risk of "pending research" it's totally worth it.
Honestly can't think of a downside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top