Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2023 9:25:01 AM EDT
I just received a disapproval due to my passport photo. I have to resize my picture. My question is the form states that I need to provide the disapproved control number in the Electronic Documents train-stop of the application. I dont recall seeing a line for that when I originally filled the form out. Is there a section or line where I will submit that number?

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know the answer to your question, but what was wrong with your photo?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#2]
When I originally submitted my form I scanned a 2x2 passport photo to a jpeg file and uploaded it to my application. When i received my submitted copy the photo was postage stamp size on the form. That concerned me but I had heard other stories about others photos. Well they rejected the form and said reaply with corrected photo
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just received a disapproval due to my passport photo. I have to resize my picture. My question is the form states that I need to provide the disapproved control number in the Electronic Documents train-stop of the application. I dont recall seeing a line for that when I originally filled the form out. Is there a section or line where I will submit that number?

View Quote

Upload the entire disapproved form as an electronic document and name it the control number. I imagine that should get the message across
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Can anyone help me out with the 2x2 photo. I resubmitted my Eform1 and when I received my submitted form the photo was super small again. I immediately withdrew the application. I thought I had resized the picture but apparently not. Whenever I've used PDF files I never had this problem. Don't understand why the jpeg is shrinking my photo.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I use MS paint to resize jpeg images.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can anyone help me out with the 2x2 photo. I resubmitted my Eform1 and when I received my submitted form the photo was super small again. I immediately withdrew the application. I thought I had resized the picture but apparently not. Whenever I've used PDF files I never had this problem. Don't understand why the jpeg is shrinking my photo.
View Quote
If you're scanning a physical 2"x2" photo with a regular document scanner, the resulting scan will be 8.5"x11" with a ton of dead space around the photo.  Are you editing the raw scan to remove all that extra dead space?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies. Thats what I was doing. Finally got it figured out. Good to go now. Always appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#8]
OP, what is the story with using a control number to resubmit?
I thought a disapproval meant you start over fresh.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Yea I did start over. I originally submitted Jan 23, so new application another set of prints almost 4 months later. On the disapproved form it listed the reason for disapproval as "Photo unacceptable-must be 2x2 headshot. Provide this disapproved control number in the electronic documents train-stop of the application". So in that section I uploaded my disapproved form. This is my first time with Eforms so who knows
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe someone can use this.

I'm not affiliated with this site in anyway.

Each time I've submitted a Form, it's been approved.

https://www.idphoto4you.com/

After downloading your image, you can delete it from the site.

I always just took a picture and the site walked me through creating the passport photos. It generator the photos where it would produce 4 photos 2x2 format. Unsure of actual sizing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:05:40 AM EDT
[#11]
uh oh...

I just submitted a 1:1 ratio passport photo without regard to how many inches it was.  That's a problem?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
uh oh...

I just submitted a 1:1 ratio passport photo without regard to how many inches it was.  That's a problem?
View Quote

I submitted over a dozen with a square ratio photo that would definitely print larger than 2x2. All were approved.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Okay.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I submitted over a dozen with a square ratio photo that would definitely print larger than 2x2. All were approved.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
uh oh...

That's good to know, just did the same myself but it rotated all the photo's 90 degrees which I couldn't tell until it was submitted. Guess I'll find out.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#15]
CVS will take the passport photo for you and put it on a flash drive if you bring it with you.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's good to know, just did the same myself but it rotated all the photo's 90 degrees which I couldn't tell until it was submitted. Guess I'll find out.
View Quote

Mine did the same thing rotating the image 90 degrees on the form.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top