Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By klossb:
On the list to have a Rugged Razor converted to Bravo.
View Quote

I would be be curious to see the end product. Would also be curious if those leftover dual taper mounts could get male threads
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

Why use shims with a Xeno FH?
View Quote

I guess I liked the appearance of the flats being 9 and 3 like a traditional A2
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By alpha0815:

I think I used KAC shims to time the Xeno flash hider. Might have to pull the mount and try Surefire shims w/ bevel?

Exactly. It doesn’t need to be timed so no need for any shims.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 12:54:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixtysixdeuce] [#4]
What are y’all’s thoughts on this? Mine is ughhh.

This is a brand new / never fired M4-2000 that Ecco converted to Xeno mount. Using a Surefire 5.56 alignment rod. Factory Daniel Defense MK18 upper.

I think I used KAC shims to time the Xeno flash hider. Might have to pull the mount and try Surefire shims w/ bevel?

Side note, the Xeno mount was not on very tight. It came loose when first attaching it. Guess I forgot to tell Ecco to really secure it like they did on my KeyMo conversion on my last can. Guess I’ll try Rocksett on the adapter to can.

View Quote

First thing to do is note the orientation of the firearm so you know the orientation of the misalignment with the shims.  Then take the shims out, tighten the MD and see if the orientation is the same or not.   If the misalignment goes away, it was obviously the shims.  If the misalignment stays with the orientation of the gun (for example, it was at 5 O'clock before and remains there with the gun in the same position), it's a canted muzzle shoulder.   If it moves, it's something else.

At that point, your ability to play the diagnostic game just depends on how many other hosts/mounts/muzzle devices you have around to play with, and whether or not some of them are known-good combinations.

I do spin every one of these between centers on my Hardinge HLV and face the rear mating surface of the can as the final operation before moly resin, but unless the adapters AND the muzzle devices are sent with them, I cannot put everything together and spin it onto a fixture to check for runout in the entire assembly.  You have 6 mating surfaces in play with most adapters, and I can only verify one of them without those other bits.   If I have your adapter and your muzzle devices, then I can check 5 of 6.   Need the barrel for the last one, which is generally not practical.

If you still want to use shims to index the muzzle device, just make sure they're not getting crushed or otherwise deformed.   Thin shims getting smashed/torn and squeezing out on one side of thinner barrel shoulders definitely happens.

Also, unless you have a large granite table to roll it on, don't put undying faith in alignment rods being perfectly true.  Many aren't from the get-go, and it doesn't take a lot to tweak thin rods, even hardened ones.   The rods I use to indicate bores for muzzle threading are a lot shorter, and they still get spun between centers with an indicator before use, and they do get tweaked sometimes just from inserting and removing them.    Trust your eyes; look through the bore from the breech end with a well lit light colored background, it's really easy to see can misalignment ahead of the concentric rings your chamber mouth, shoulder, throat and bore create.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sixtysixdeuce:

First thing to do is note the orientation of the firearm so you know the orientation of the misalignment with the shims.  Then take the shims out, tighten the MD and see if the orientation is the same or not.   If the misalignment goes away, it was obviously the shims.  If the misalignment stays with the orientation of the gun (for example, it was at 5 O'clock before and remains there with the gun in the same position), it's a canted muzzle shoulder.   If it moves, it's something else.

At that point, your ability to play the diagnostic game just depends on how many other hosts/mounts/muzzle devices you have around to play with, and whether or not some of them are known-good combinations.

I do spin every one of these between centers on my Hardinge HLV and face the rear mating surface of the can as the final operation before moly resin, but unless the adapters AND the muzzle devices are sent with them, I cannot put everything together and spin it onto a fixture to check for runout in the entire assembly.  You have 6 mating surfaces in play with most adapters, and I can only verify one of them without those other bits.   If I have your adapter and your muzzle devices, then I can check 5 of 6.   Need the barrel for the last one, which is generally not practical.

If you still want to use shims to index the muzzle device, just make sure they're not getting crushed or otherwise deformed.   Thin shims getting smashed/torn and squeezing out on one side of thinner barrel shoulders definitely happens.

Also, unless you have a large granite table to roll it on, don't put undying faith in alignment rods being perfectly true.  Many aren't from the get-go, and it doesn't take a lot to tweak thin rods, even hardened ones.   The rods I use to indicate bores for muzzle threading are a lot shorter, and they still get spun between centers with an indicator before use, and they do get tweaked sometimes just from inserting and removing them.    Trust your eyes; look through the bore from the breech end with a well lit light colored background, it's really easy to see can misalignment ahead of the concentric rings your chamber mouth, shoulder, throat and bore create.
View Quote

Great info, thanks! I sent the Xeno adapter in with my can, so I know it's correct on your end. I'm betting it's the shims as I think I used just two thins ones. I've got a complete Surefire shim kit that has the beveled washer first....I'll try a few combinations and report back.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 11:39:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#6]
So I tried the suppressor on a Larue rifle that has the Xeno brake. Perfect alignment.

Back to the MK18, I pulled the shims and cleaned everything. Tried the Xeno flash hider with no shims and still bad alignment. Then tried the Surefire beveled washer and it’s still off, just maybe not as bad.

Attachment Attached File

Then I loosen the suppressor and very slowly tighten it back on the muzzle device just till it’s snug. Perfect alignment! What am I chasing here?

Attachment Attached File

I’m thinking they Xeno muzzle device may be the culprit? DD barrels are not typically known for causing these types of issues I’m sure.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#7]
What are y’all’s thoughts on this? Mine is ughhh.

This is a brand new / never fired M4-2000 that Ecco converted to Xeno mount. Using a Surefire 5.56 alignment rod. Factory Daniel Defense MK18 upper.

Side note, the Xeno mount was not on very tight. It came loose when first attaching it. Guess I forgot to tell Ecco to really secure it like they did on my KeyMo conversion on my last can. Guess I’ll try Rocksett on the adapter to can.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/B437242F-0A4C-4808-A597-52C955B00B8B_jpe-2363976.JPG

View Quote

I’d shoot that
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

I’d shoot that
View Quote

Oh I definitely will be....soon.

So the end result was I tried a combination of Surefire shims (thicker ones) and ultimately found a combo that gave it proper alignment. I removed the suppressor and re-installed multiple times and the results were repeatable. so maybe it was the barrel shoulder.

Link Posted: 4/28/2022 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ChuckJaxFL:
Has anyone had one of the old-style Cyclones converted?  I have one of the old ones, before they were ribbed.  Like this:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-1kqh9qmybo/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/35284/132119/847128000310__23747.1575692893.jpg
View Quote

I've toyed with the idea of sending my cyclone in as well.

But what would ECCO do? The can is already one of the best suppressors for sound attenuation for a .308. He can only cut it down an 1" or less. And if you wanted it lighter the cost of new baffles would nearly equal the cost of a new can.

I guess you could have him convert the mounting system. But why? Cyclones are already heavy pigs. Mounting adapters would make it worse.

I just don't see a gain. If ECCO could cut it down to 6" and rethread I would be all over it.

Link Posted: 4/28/2022 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ptaylor:

But what would ECCO do? The can is already one of the best suppressors for sound attenuation for a .308. He can only cut it down an 1" or less. And if you wanted it lighter the cost of new baffles would nearly equal the cost of a new can.

I guess you could have him convert the mounting system. But why? Cyclones are already heavy pigs. Mounting adapters would make it worse.

I just don't see a gain. If ECCO could cut it down to 6" and rethread I would be all over it.

View Quote

A mount swap gives you flexibility. Could run it on hosts that aren’t threaded 5/8x24 and skip direct thread mounting.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

A mount swap gives you flexibility. Could run it on hosts that aren’t threaded 5/8x24 and skip direct thread mounting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Originally Posted By ptaylor:

Precisely that.  My Cyclone is my least used can, not because of weight, but because of the direct thread.  I think it would at least come out of the safe sometimes if I could set it up for 1.375 x 24.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 3:05:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eliteII] [#12]
I had Nick do one of my Cyclone's. (I have 2)  I am very happy with how it turned out.  I run Cherrybombs on most of my rifles and wanted the ability to swap it around on some of my smaller caliber rifles.   He did the omega "universal " thread with his own cherrybomb adapter.

One thing I wasn't aware of before I sent it in was the 1st blast baffle had to be removed to fit the Cherrybomb.  

weight before and after conversion.
Before = 653g, after 657g (with adapter installed)
Gained only 4 grams...
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By adavis:

@houlster what is that on the front of your Wolfman?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By adavis:

@houlster what is that on the front of your Wolfman?

Not sure what you're referring to.  Nothing on it in that pic.  You can just make out the wrench notches in it is all.  If you're referring to the other device, it's the oem threaded muzzle device from my PWS Diablo that I converted / adapted to the taper mount system as well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Is it possible to convert a YHM Turbo? Is it worth it?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By czgunner:
Is it possible to convert a YHM Turbo? Is it worth it?
View Quote

Do them al the time, but worth it or not is entirely up to you.  The YHM QD system is a good one, most folks do the conversion to consolidate to another mounting system shared with other cans, or sometimes to go direct thread because they don't want a muzzle device on their host for unsuppressed use.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I just found this thread and have an old 762-sdn6 just collecting dust. Almost all my rifles now have KAC QDC mounts or Surefire warcomps. Is there a solution for these combinations with ECCO?
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Did I kill this thread? Haha
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HUFFCHAD:
I just found this thread and have an old 762-sdn6 just collecting dust. Almost all my rifles now have KAC QDC mounts or Surefire warcomps. Is there a solution for these combinations with ECCO?
Thanks guys
View Quote

Never see a KAC mod
Buy a SF warden to convert?
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 1:12:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Did I kill this thread? Haha
View Quote

After the last thread was killed I don't think ECCO will respond for business purposes. I'd reach out to them through official channels.

I'm guessing nobody who has seen your post has had it done so they aren't responding.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#20]
IIRC (heavy on the If) the warden won't work but the Surefire Trainer will.

Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Never see a KAC mod
Buy a SF warden to convert?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/30/2022 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks guys
View Quote

Definitely not KAC.

Big if on the Surefire. I’m not positive, but I don’t think it’s an option.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#22]
The KAC QD I'm completely unfamiliar with.  The usual course of action for making Bravo pattern adapters for QD mounts which don't exist is harvesting the mount from a non-NFA muzzle device like thee Surefire Trainer or AAC Blastout and modifying them to have 1.375-24 threads and any other forward feature necessary.  I am not aware of any such muzzle device for the KAC stuff, so it would be a scratch built adapter, and may not be feasible.  I can't say positively without knowing features and tolerances, though.

The Surefire mounts we can do from Trainers.  The older all-steel ones are preferable, easier to convert and thus more cost effective.   The newer aluminum bodied ones are doable but more involved.  It can be done with Wardens, but I don't at this time.   They require a forward piece be added that includes critical internal dimensions, and typically would end up more expensive all-in, longer and heavier than a Trainer conversion.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks all. I am in conversations with a company now.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Nick - just checking to see if I'm on the list for a Sparrow recore?  I've replied to your initial email a couple of times, but haven't heard?  Not sure if I'm going to the spam folder, or if you are just super busy.

Thanks!

James
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MobileTaylor:
Nick - just checking to see if I'm on the list for a Sparrow recore?  I've replied to your initial email a couple of times, but haven't heard?  Not sure if I'm going to the spam folder, or if you are just super busy.

Thanks!

James
View Quote

We just checked our email history, we responded twice from 2 different accounts but never saw anything after that.  If you had replied to either of those, maybe they did go to our spam folders, but too long ago to find them now.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#26]

We just checked our email history, we responded twice from 2 different accounts but never saw anything after that.  If you had replied to either of those, maybe they did go to our spam folders, but too long ago to find them now.
View Quote

Should I fill out a new request to get on the waiting list?  

Thanks,

James
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MobileTaylor:

Should I fill out a new request to get on the waiting list?  

Thanks,

James
View Quote

Sure, or just email [email protected]
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Has anybody converted any Thompson Machine suppressors to 1.375? I've got a Sixteen that I can get for dirt cheap and was wondering if anybody had it done.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:35:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HUCK70] [#29]
I got on the list on 18 Jan and got the email yesterday (20 June) to send in my can. I am having my AAC SDN-6 converted to take Griffin taper mounts.

ETA, got the call today (20 July) that it is done and soon to be on the way home!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By HUCK70:
I got on the list on 18 Jan and got the email yesterday to send in my can. I am having my AAC SDN -6 converted to take Griffin taper mounts.
View Quote

Same here- Got the notice yesterday evening!  Converting old direct thread SRT Arms "6.8mm" (really a 308 can) and Gemtech M4-02 to Plan B style mounts.  Can't wait to see the results.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By watersniper:

Same here- Got the notice yesterday evening!  Converting old direct thread SRT Arms "6.8mm" (really a 308 can) and Gemtech M4-02 to Plan B style mounts.  Can't wait to see the results.
View Quote

This is of interest to me. I figured the OD wasn't big enough to convert.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By HK94dude:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By watersniper:

That may well be the case.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

There are a couple approaches for smaller diameter cans.

One is to simply step up the diameter at the base.

Another is to thread them 1.125-28 Alpha pattern. We make multiple Alpha adapters, and so do other manufacturers (Griffin, SiCo, Q). We also have an Alpha to Bravo adapter for all those that are available in Bravo only.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Been loving my TiRant to SiCo three lug adapter…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:08:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nugentgl] [#35]
Just received proof of life pics from ECCO and I can't wait to get them in my hands.  I received the call back on June 20th and received these pics today (July 20).

From left to right.  Gemtech HALO, AAC M4-2000 and ACC Krinkov.  The adapter is a Charlie to Bravo adapter.

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By nugentgl:
Just received proof of life pics from ECCO and I can't wait to get them in my hands.  I received the call back on June 20th and received these pics today (July 20).

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/8764/ahLt7n.jpg

From left to right.  Gemtech HALO, AAC M4-2000 and ACC Krinkov.  The adapter is a Charlie to Bravo adapter.

View Quote

Nice! That’s like 18 pounds right there
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#38]
For sure they are heavy and a bit dated but now I can run them again.  The HALO mount always came loose and the 18T mount was just atrocious...
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#39]

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/8764/ahLt7n.jpg

View Quote

When did you get on the list?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#40]

Another is to thread them 1.125-28 Alpha pattern. We make multiple Alpha adapters, and so do other manufacturers (Griffin, SiCo, Q). We also have an Alpha to Bravo adapter for all those that are available in Bravo only.
View All Quotes

Got notice this evening they’re coming home!   Looks awesome - SRT Arms 6.8 can on the left, Gemtech M4-02 on the right.  Both got plan B adapters.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:09:21 AM EDT
[#41]
I got on the list mid-March and emailed to send in my suppressors early June.

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 7:32:44 AM EDT
[#42]
I got on the list mid-March and emailed to send in my suppressors early June.

View Quote

Looks like l got skipped over. Signed up in end of January.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Mav3rick:

Looks like l got skipped over. Signed up in end of January.
View Quote

We'll use whatever means of contact are provided, but if it's only email, sometimes spam filters send ours to that folder and they are missed.

We stopped trying to reach people time after time awhile ago, but unless you told us you were no longer interested, nobody gets removed, simply notated with the date and methods used for contact attempts and moved to the "unresponsive" queue until we hear back from you.   Just reach out to Jerrica and we can get you in the next one if you still want it done!
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#45]

We'll use whatever means of contact are provided, but if it's only email, sometimes spam filters send ours to that folder and they are missed.

We stopped trying to reach people time after time awhile ago, but unless you told us you were no longer interested, nobody gets removed, simply notated with the date and methods used for contact attempts and moved to the "unresponsive" queue until we hear back from you.   Just reach out to Jerrica and we can get you in the next one if you still want it done!
View Quote

Looks like I might have gotten lost in the shuffle as well, I was a March guy. I sent a message on Messenger to hopefully get on the next group.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:50:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mav3rick] [#46]

View Quote

Ok. I will send her another email. I was never asked to provide any other contact info from her previously. I will put my cell number in there as well.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I’ve got 3 cans waiting for my place in line.

Question - I want to put Bravo Keymo adapters on an AAC 762SD, M42000, and Mini4. But may also want to run a direct thread option for the 762SD.

Can I send one keymo adapter? Or do I need an adapter for every single can?
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 7:17:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixtysixdeuce] [#48]
Originally Posted By amediocreshooter:
I’ve got 3 cans waiting for my place in line.

Question - I want to put Bravo Keymo adapters on an AAC 762SD, M42000, and Mini4. But may also want to run a direct thread option for the 762SD.

Can I send one keymo adapter? Or do I need an adapter for every single can?
View Quote

It's best to have them all here.   Keymo and Xeno adapters are the ones we have quite a few fitment issues with.  And they're very popular, which caused me to order a custom 1.3500 P.D. plug gauge (normal 2B plug gauge P.D. is 1.3479") specifically to mitigate most of those issues that result from a buildup on the threads in their nitriding process.  Even at that, we still have to hit a few of them with the wire wheel for them to go smoothly, but I'm not willing to go any looser on the threads.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#49]

It's best to have them all here.   Keymo and Xeno adapters are the ones we have quite a few fitment issues with.  And they're very popular, which caused me to order a custom 1.3500 P.D. plug gauge (normal 2B plug gauge P.D. is 1.3479") specifically to mitigate most of those issues that result from a buildup on the threads in their nitriding process.  Even at that, we still have to hit a few of them with the wire wheel for them to go smoothly, but I'm not willing to go any looser on the threads.
View Quote

Excellent. Thanks for the quick and informative reply.

Gonna hurt the wallet a bit but it will be worth it. Going with 2 keymo adapters and one with your 5/8x24 direct thread.

Patiently waiting for the email
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Well that's frustrating to read.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top