Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 2/18/2018 9:52:39 PM EDT
I am going to look at an ea registered m16 lower. I am aware that these are one the or maybe even the least desirable of all m16 rr's. Does anyone know if they are generally in spec or do they commonly required work to be within spec (work with all uppers, fcg parts, mil spec magazines, etc)?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#1]
They're cast and most find them to be ugly. I never heard of any dimensional issues on the basic receiver, though, and as cast lowers go they're of unusually high quality and consistency.

Iirc, they were cast by Ruger at Lone Pines for EA.

If the conversion was done well, it should make a fine and durable blaster.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks a lot for the info Circuits. A low(er) priced blaster is exactly what I would use this for. It was converted by Bushmaster, so I would assume that end of it should be OK.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:26:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Im not aware of any spec issues but if there is it is easily fixed by a gunsmith.

If youre on a budget you might want to consider picking up a lightning link.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im not aware of any spec issues but if there is it is easily fixed by a gunsmith.

If youre on a budget you might want to consider picking up a lightning link.
View Quote
Thanks for the info. I already have an RLL, so am looking at this as an option for a registered receiver.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:18:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had one since '99 and it's always run great.  Mine was converted by Wilson Arms in Brunswick, GA.  I've had no problems with any uppers fitting, and no problems with the magwell being too tight for any magazines.

-bob
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had one since '99 and it's always run great.  Mine was converted by Wilson Arms in Brunswick, GA.  I've had no problems with any uppers fitting, and no problems with the magwell being too tight for any magazines.

-bob
View Quote
Thanks for the info. Sounds like I shouldn't have any problems related to the lower being out of spec. That is great news, providing I get it.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top