Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2017 10:18:41 AM EDT
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/applications-eform-4473-download

I've played around with it and it looks like it will auto populate a multiple disposition form as well. I don't remember that being in the previous version. 
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I tried downloading it this past week and was wondering where the fuck it went. Thanks for the link
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad to see they finally got it updated for their new form.  I just tried it and found a glitch (sent info to ATF already): even if seller answers question 12 as a U.S. citizen/non-immigrant, the form still shows an error on the final screen saying that an immigrant exception must be entered for question 18 or the sale can't proceed.  https://www.rocketffl.com/new-4473-eform-available-atf/

Also, tried multiple handguns and it just warned me that a Multiple Handgun Report might need to be completed - it doesn't automatically do it for me.

ETA: The multiple handgun report works - I just didn't see it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad to see they finally got it updated for their new form.  I just tried it and found a glitch (sent info to ATF already): even if seller answers question 12 as a U.S. citizen/non-immigrant, the form still shows an error on the final screen saying that an immigrant exception must be entered for question 18 or the sale can't proceed.  

Also, tried multiple handguns and it just warned me that a Multiple Handgun Report might need to be completed - it doesn't automatically do it for me.
View Quote
Hmmm, I entered 2 pistols and it worked for me.  Be sure to check the task bar in Adobe Reader and you should see two tabs for the separate forms.  I still had to manually enter the transfer date and the CLEO information though.

I found a glitch as well. If a buyers selects no for 12.d.1, then 12.d.2 should auto populate as N/A. Instead you have to manually enter it and its not a mandatory field, which is should be.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hmmm, I entered 2 pistols and it worked for me.  Be sure to check the task bar in Adobe Reader and you should see two tabs for the separate forms.  I still had to manually enter the transfer date and the CLEO information though.

I found a glitch as well. If a buyers selects no for 12.d.1, then 12.d.2 should auto populate as N/A. Instead you have to manually enter it and its not a mandatory field, which is should be.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad to see they finally got it updated for their new form.  I just tried it and found a glitch (sent info to ATF already): even if seller answers question 12 as a U.S. citizen/non-immigrant, the form still shows an error on the final screen saying that an immigrant exception must be entered for question 18 or the sale can't proceed.  

Roger that - I'll check it out.  You should send the glitch you found to ATF through their feedback button at the bottom of the page you linked.  I guess having to wait 15 weeks for ATF to update the software for the form that they knew they were updating, AND having it work properly, is too much to ask from the government. :)
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#5]
No linux support? sigh...
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I noticed that as well.  Did you happen to send feedback info to them?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:16:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I noticed that as well.  Did you happen to send feedback info to them?
View Quote
Sure did. No response from them yet.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone using this on a consistently?
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone using this on a consistently?
View Quote
i was consistently.. But almost 95% of the people who would use it complained and preferred the regular paper handwriting. im still using the eform but if they really wanna handwrite i have a stack to pass out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm happy to use the free paper 4473's instead of using my own paper and toner.
If ATF ever says I only need to print the first three pages I might reconsider, but printing all six is a waste of my $$$.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm happy to use the free paper 4473's instead of using my own paper and toner.
If ATF ever says I only need to print the first three pages I might reconsider, but printing all six is a waste of my $$$.
View Quote
i remember a while back you posted about that its required to print those 3 "info/instruction" pages.

do you think it would be wise to just laminate a set of those and like tape it to the desk where my people sit to fill out the 4473? so that way i didnt have to print those out. i agree its a waste of money and cheaper to just use the preprinted atf stack, but holy hell some people have some ridiculously ugly handwriting. im just curious if the atf said it MUST be printed each and every time or i could have like a blotter type thing.

what do you think?
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
....do you think it would be wise to just laminate a set of those and like tape it to the desk where my people sit to fill out the 4473? so that way i didnt have to print those out. i agree its a waste of money and cheaper to just use the preprinted atf stack, but holy hell some people have some ridiculously ugly handwriting. im just curious if the atf said it MUST be printed each and every time or i could have like a blotter type thing.

what do you think?
View Quote
No, you should follow the instructions on page 3 of the Form 4473 which tells you that the entire original form is to be retained.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have you ever heard anything more on this?  From what I understand the ATF doesn't require this question to be answered unless you  check Yes to 12.d 1.  Why include the N/A then.  I have seen buyers at some shops check no to 12.d1 and then 12.d2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top