Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2022 2:39:02 PM EDT
Just got my second can sent to a home based ffl. I don’t believe he has ever done an e file before and think he will push for the traditional paper forms

I’m gonna push for e file since the wait is hopefully going to be shorter. But am also considering the paper route with some of the waits I’m seeing

What would you all do? Push for e file or do the paper trust?
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Who knows at this point.  Paper is taking between 12-15 months right now, but by the time they get to yours there might not be much paper left and the eForms could be longer.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who knows at this point.  Paper is taking between 12-15 months right now, but by the time they get to yours there might not be much paper left and the eForms could be longer.
View Quote

That’s kinda what I’m thinking as well. I may just roll the dice and do paper. My last paper submission only took 4 months. Maybe I’ll get lucky again
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
eform 4's are still averaging significantly less than paper right now, ~180days vs ~350 days for paper.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just got my second can sent to a home based ffl. I don’t believe he has ever done an e file before and think he will push for the traditional paper forms
View Quote

It would have been a good idea to have asked this question before having it shipped to him.

I’m gonna push for e file since the wait is hopefully going to be shorter. But am also considering the paper route with some of the waits I’m seeing
View Quote

Wait.....what?
Paper Form 4's are taking 12-14 months. I received six F4's today, not a one less than a year old.
An eForm 4 that takes six months still beats the paper Form 4 that takes seven.

What would you all do? Push for e file or do the paper trust?
View Quote

You can eForm or paper form no matter if you apply as a trust or individual. There is no difference.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Eform or find a new dealer. Simple as that
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Thought eforms would get shorter. They were running 90 days when they first started F4s. Now they are 6 months?
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thought reforms would get shorter. They were running 90 days when they first started F4s. Now they are 6 months?
View Quote

At least. I’m within a few days of 6 months and nothing yet. SS has stopped giving approval times in days and just shows 6 months now. Not even close to the 90 day “goal”…
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#8]
You would think if he could go through the process of obtaining an FFL, he could take 20 minutes and figure out how to do an eform. I would insist.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top