Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2021 2:09:16 PM EDT
Which is more durable?

Is there anything else to consider when choosing between the two options?
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used duracoat for years and it's always been tough enough for what I do.

I bought some air cure cerakote last week for the first time. Last evening I tried it out on an m14 handguard. Just got home this morning from getting coffee and tried to really dig in and scratch it with my fingernail and it wouldn't budge. 15 or so hours old and it feels great.  They say air cure is fully cured in 5 days.

I did it a bit thick on top and really thin on the backside just to see the difference. Both sides are tough. I could see myself using air cure cerakote a lot more. If I make myself a curing oven I'll give the heat cure a go too.

I want to do a whole stock and do a long term test.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Duracoate.  Surface preparation is key to get a good durable finish.  I use scotchbrite pads to rough the metal up
If I had a bead/sand blaster I would use that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top