Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2020 11:54:39 AM EDT
Hey guys,

Thought I'd pick your brain specifically on dump pouches. Have my belt just about done, but the idea of a dump pouch keeps coming to mind.

Are they really necessary or just a preference?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say it's user preference.  They are pretty handy though and not just for storing spent mags.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice addition that stores in a tiny bit of belt space.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I use mine a lot.

Empty magazines, loose ammo, ammo box trash, water bottles, anything that doesnt need to be in a pouch but needs to stay on my body.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Alright. Sounds like it doesnt hurt to have. Will look at options!
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd say it's user preference.  They are pretty handy though and not just for storing spent mags.
View Quote

Very useful for the small size and weigh
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a cheap molle dump pouch off of ebay over 10 years ago. I was actually surprised at how much I use it. Empty mags, shotgun shells, snacks, picking pawpaws.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a Maxpedition on my lame (by comparison to others) battle belt. It's insanely handy.

Worth it 100% just for the times I had to drop mags at a class, and I hadn't marked my Pmags yet with my initials or anything.  I'm a poor, so throwing away/losing Pmags isn't in the budget.
View Quote

Haha yeah, that and god forbid I'm in a class with an instructor who doesnt want you just dropping mags
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Haha yeah, that and god forbid I'm in a class with an instructor who doesnt want you just dropping mags
View Quote

Find a different instructor. If you train to put them in a pouch/pocket/whatever you’ll do that if you ever need your skills.

Dump pouches are useful for also using to add space quickly if you need something but don’t have a pouch for it. I know it’s Condor, but I really like the one I have because the top is made to retain whatever is put in it, essentially self-closes put you can just reach your hand inside to get something out.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Pretty useful. I even use mine dove hunting for shells.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Well that's was quick, likely going to order a T-Rex arms pouch here sometime this week!
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the little BFG ones.  They take up such a small amount of space.  Less than a compass pouch.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I like them but only low profile roll ups.  Specifically the TT fight light roll up.  They are nice for last minute water or mags and mag cleanup at classes is nice.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I like the little BFG ones.  They take up such a small amount of space.  Less than a compass pouch.
View Quote

+1

For me, dump pouches are necessary evil. The less room it can take up while stowed, the better, and BFG's is the smallest that I know of.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the suggestions folks!
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#16]
CSM dump pouch will forever be my favorite
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like them but only low profile roll ups.  Specifically the TT fight light roll up.  They are nice for last minute water or mags and mag cleanup at classes is nice.
View Quote

I've used both the Maxpedition Roly Poly and TT Fight light.  I liked the TT better but the Maxpedition did the job.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Have the Trex arms dump and I like it. As mentioned they are versatile
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:40:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

+1

For me, dump pouches are necessary evil. The less room it can take up while stowed, the better, and BFG's is the smallest that I know of.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Sometimes I'll even attach them using a M1910 wire hanger if it'll let me utilize the same space on the belt for something else as well (or if a pouch has eyelets on the bottom for that).
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:59:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. It's what I have on my BA belt. Takes up such a small space and folds up very small. IMO there is no down side to having one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:11:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Love my hsg mag-net pouch
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:38:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
CSM dump pouch will forever be my favorite
View Quote

Right there with ya....
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#23]
if you can afford the space and bulkiness of the CSM dump pouch it will serve better as a carry everything (also USMC surplus dump pouches) and it's very resistent.
The best "tactical" dump pouch is the Emdom one as it retains its shape and quick putting of magazines in.
Folding ones like maxpedition, BFG or others occupy a very small space but they are just like grocery bags as they are soft, so quick reinserting of magazines may be difficult.

Everything is a tradeoff, pick the one that suits your needs
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:39:00 AM EDT
[#24]
I use the dump trunk from Granite gear on my belt, closes nice and compact yet well made. 5 litters when opened but only about an inch thick when closed. I also have a BFG micro on plate carrier.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tactical Tailor dump pouch is the cat's ass.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:46:18 AM EDT
[#26]

1 ATS
2 Blackhawk
3 Frog.Pro
4 Maxpedition
5 Defcon5

These fold compact but opening is not stiff. And usually the smaller they pack the slower they are to use.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#27]
I like my HSGI Mag Net. Stores super flat and mouth sort of closes up to retain stuff dumped inside.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#28]
any problems with things snagging on net, like magazines?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I really like my EGL Loppy.  Folds up small and is easy to open.  Top is velcro-lined so you can close it if needed.  A really underrated product IMHO.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Comes in handy, Blue Force Gear is small enough that having it doesn’t add any unmanageable extra weight or bulk.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Comes in handy, Blue Force Gear is small enough that having it doesn’t add any unmanageable extra weight or bulk.
View Quote

I once trained with Paul Castle.. and HE had converted an old Gasmask carrier into a dump pouch and strapped it to his left leg, JUST below the knee, over the boots.  

It looked VERY handy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:02:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Old school CSM that I have had for years.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I once trained with Paul Castle.. and HE had converted an old Gasmask carrier into a dump pouch and strapped it to his left leg, JUST below the knee, over the boots.  

It looked VERY handy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looked VERY handy.

I don’t know who that is but is sounds janky. Modified gear mounted below the knee? Yikes.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I don’t know who that is but is sounds janky. Modified gear mounted below the knee? Yikes.
View Quote

Seemed to serve him well enough.  I've never seen it again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top