Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2019 1:20:47 PM EDT
I need to purchase a few 3 lug adapters and I'd rather error on the side of caution and ask dumb questions than waste a bunch of money on crap. How important is it to get "name brand"? For instance, SiCo are about $70, while for $40 there is "Ronin" on Ebay which seem to have good reviews and many sales. There's also ILWT that have external 1/2x28 threads, "navy" style,  which seems cool, gives more options, for $45ish.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I've successfully used Griffin, HK Parts, and ILWT 3-lug muzzle devices with Griffin, Rugged, and SiCo old style long 3-lug mounts. The Hanson Bros 3-lug muzzle device has good reviews but I haven't tried.  Sometimes you have to file a bit to fit, but I've been lucky so far.

If you like customer service and plug and play then brand matching mounts and muzzle devices might be worth it.  eBay could be OK but I'd rather spend $ at Hanson or ILWT because of the other services and parts they provide.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't used it personally but the Hansohn 3 lug adapter seems to get positive reviews and is only $40
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I need to purchase a few 3 lug adapters and I'd rather error on the side of caution and ask dumb questions than waste a bunch of money on crap. How important is it to get "name brand"? For instance, SiCo are about $70, while for $40 there is "Ronin" on Ebay which seem to have good reviews and many sales. There's also ILWT that have external 1/2x28 threads, "navy" style,  which seems cool, gives more options, for $45ish.
View Quote
Does not need to be name brand, but certainly needs to be quality and not an airsoft knockoff.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does not need to be name brand, but certainly needs to be quality and not an airsoft knockoff.
View Quote
Are you referring to the ebay ones?
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are you referring to the ebay ones?
View Quote
No I am referring to ones of unknown quality regardless of where they are sold.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have what you need. Hansohn Brothers 3 lug muzzle device, $40 shipped.  Guaranteed not airsoft junk.
View Quote
There ya go!
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd totally trust Hansohn or ILWT over some random ebay seller.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#9]
My Ghost lives on a ILWT 3 lug. No wobble and a tight fit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

ILWT is all you need to know.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have what you need. Hansohn Brothers 3 lug muzzle device, $40 shipped.  Guaranteed not airsoft junk.
View Quote
beat me to it
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#13]
ILWT is the best bang for the buck I think. Especially like their navy style. I have 3 and best sold one to someone on the EE. I wasn’t considered with brand at all. More of price and as long as it wasn’t some airport crap.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There ya go!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There ya go!
Thinking about getting into this game as well.  Is the hanson bros 3 lug adapter suitable for use on a 22 can?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#15]
SilencerCo is having a 25% off sale, but they are still ~$64.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The mount can certainly handle it but I can't think of a rimfire can that uses an HK style 3 lug.
View Quote
This is a gap in the market. I hate the look of skinny rimfire cans on .22 SBRs. My Octane .45 sees a lot of that use and I've seen a Form 1 rimfire can that used the long, old style SiCo 3-lug mount.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thinking about getting into this game as well.  Is the hanson bros 3 lug adapter suitable for use on a 22 can?
View Quote
@indygrendel63

Gemtech has the QDA system for rimfires. It's a little 4 lug module that comes with 1 muzzle adapter. I use it to mount a Sparrow under a rail. I like it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@indygrendel63

Gemtech has the QDA system for rimfires. It's a little 4 lug module that comes with 1 muzzle adapter. I use it to mount a Sparrow under a rail. I like it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@indygrendel63

Cool, thanks!  I was actually looking at those online.  Just curious if they were worth getting.  Not sure what supressor to get, lots of choices.  I saw that hanson brothers has a multi-lug adapter as well, not sure if for rimfire or not?
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top