Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2021 12:39:27 AM EDT
So, I have a 458 Mod X suppressor that I intended on using exclusively as a PCC can to shoot 9mm, and 45 acp hosts.  

The challenge Im having is using a mounting system that is compatible with my SP5, and .578x28  threaded 45 acp banshee.  Id like to use a griffin taper mount muzzle device with plan a xl on all 3 PCCs - banshee in 45 acp, stribog with 1/2x28 threads, and the HK SP5 with 1/2x28 threads.  

My question is, can I use a griffin muzzle device, particularly the stealth mini flash hider on the HK SP5 so I can swap my 458 can across all the aforementioned hosts?

Using the griffin mount on the Stribog and 45 acp Banshee is no problem, as they have good shoulders on them, but it looks like the SP5 doesn’t have enough shoulder to use the griffin stealth flash hider.

Before someone says go trilug on the all, trilug wont work because a 45 acp trilug male adapter is not compatible with 9mm female trilugs.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:22:37 AM EDT
[#1]
When I get my Griffin in the mail, I'll check. With how slow usps is going lately it'll probably be next weekend.

I have a ptr and I'm able to index my direct thread suppressor off the shoulder.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 4:26:25 AM EDT
[#2]
As I read the literature on your can, it looks like both ends are threaded.  As in, the mount system is threaded.  If that is the case, is there not a .45 three lug female whose thread pattern fits your can?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#3]
If the flash hider is threaded 1/2x28, and will mount your suppressor, there is no reason it shouldn't work.

Edit:  I don't know about your shoulder issue.

The MP5 is a legacy system.  It might be easier to get a suppressor that is compatible with that.  With that said, the three lug is one of the coolest things ever.  You owe it to yourself, and John McClane to get yourself a suppressor to use it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As I read the literature on your can, it looks like both ends are threaded.  As in, the mount system is threaded.  If that is the case, is there not a .45 three lug female whose thread pattern fits your can?
View Quote

Yes, but it is the not compatible with 9mm tri lug.  Hence me wanting to use a griffin muzzle device across 9mm and 45 acp hosts.....  no changing mounts on the suppressor if I can do this.

I dont trust the SP5’s shoulder though.  Doesn’t seem to be enough “meat” for the muzzle device to cinch up on....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top