Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2020 4:50:36 PM EDT
My MP5SD can is a pain to get broken down after its been used a bit

My current methods of beating them out is kind of worrisome that I will eventually damage the tube.

I have never been one who could envision tool design so I was hoping someone smarter than me has already came up with an idea.

Something with a threaded rod that would start to pull out the baffles as you spun a nut or something would be awesome

Right now my best way of extraction is using a long screw driver that has a plastic handle. I use the handle end on the baffles and bang away on the metal end with a hammer. They just dont ever want to come out easily
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Large diameter wooden dowel and a hammer
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah the only problem with this and the way I do it is once a baffle gets to the end of the tube its hard to get it to continue to come out if you have the end say on wood and driving the dowel downward
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]
There looks to be a .22 to 30 cal one on the market

But notta for pistol cal. Banish is the maker?

I suppose using the same idea as that I could just do something like the below

Spinning the nut on the right should move everything on the left in and thus pulling the baffles or whatever out

Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
That's how I bent the lip of my AAC Aviator 2, much better to buy/make a tool for the job.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there a reason the AAC baffle removal tool design couldn't simply be scaled up, perhaps ECCO Machine or Curtis Tactical could give it a go?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I made something years ago like the thing you have pictured (for my TAC65) but I just used washers on both ends, one that fit just inside the ID of the tube and a fender washer at the other end.  Works much better than trying to beat them out IMO.  Still a good idea to soak it a little ahead of time to lube everything up.  Once you get them broken free and moving, it comes apart pretty easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top