Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2020 1:48:06 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting another 5.56mm silencer.  I already have a couple Gemtech G5's so it'd be nice to stay with the same mounting system.  I could go buy a new old stock G5 for ~$425, or G5T for ~$600, but I thought it might be fun to build my own silencer.  But I'd need a kit that has a mount that works with Gemtech bilocks.  Does anyone make something like that?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Gemtek doesn’t offer a Bilock Mounting system in omega threads. No such option exist for you.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Take your brake to a machinist and have them adapt the threads to fit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you just use a Blast Jacket and mate your tube to it?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn for $200 to get the Blast Jacket, plus whatever a form 1 silencer kit costs I might as well just spend $425 on another G5.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:
Damn for $200 to get the Blast Jacket, plus whatever a form 1 silencer kit costs I might as well just spend $425 on another G5.
View Quote

There are pros and cons.

I just had an eform1 come back in 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:
Damn for $200 to get the Blast Jacket, plus whatever a form 1 silencer kit costs I might as well just spend $425 on another G5.
View Quote

How much do you think having a custom, one-off, part made is going to cost?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top