Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2020 6:38:10 PM EDT
I'm not talking about a stack-on cabinet, I mean a legitimate safe, I figure it wont be the best of quality but is there something out there that's at least usable?
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt there is a gun safe out there that a reasonably industrious fellow couldn't get into in a matter of minuets with a disc grinder. Fire protection is another matter but I'm sure we have all seen videos of of ruined guns if fire resistant safes.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm not talking about a stack-on cabinet, I mean a legitimate safe, I figure it wont be the best of quality but is there something out there that's at least usable?
View Quote

Check out Costco.com or visit one near you.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't been shopping safes (i don't own guns), but it seems like Tractor Supply and Rural King has some pretty good prices. Especially around Christmas.

I am not a top tier security expert, but 99.7% of the break-ins aren't bringing specialty tools and knowledge into your home. I think it is usually low-lifes looking to score a couple hundred bucks to feed a drug habit or some such. So they take your T.Vs, and microwaves and such. Any decent safe is going to keep you guns safe. Especially if it is bolted down, or at least have a couple thousand rounds in it to make it seem like it is. A decent alarm that blares 250 decibels is also going to create enough panic to encourage them to move along. I know I freak out just setting mine off by accident.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#4]
go buy some old gym lockers.  they are as theft resistant as a $300 safe.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
That little stack on safe is usually around $300. Not the cheap ass locker , but the smaller regular safe.

Kind of like this one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#6]
The biggest problem with inexpensive gun safes isn't somebody breaking into your home and stealing your guns.  It is trying to get into your safe at some point in the future, and you being locked out of it because it was junk.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top