Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2017 9:33:03 PM EDT
Everything!!

Just put paperwork in the mail for a vector, hopefully sub 6 month wait.

Now I do have a real question, should I get a three lug barrel and get the new 3 lug mount for my octane?
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a uzi back in the day.  It was about 40 lbs if I remember correctly and I couldn't hit shit with it but damn I loved that thing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Got rid of my macs and M-16 so figured might as well have something I can throw if I run out of ammo
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I got to play with a surplus army issue pre-68 import. Thing had almost no 'finish' left. Cocking handle was huge - a far bit wider than the upper receiver. Fixed wood stock than looked like it had done its fare share of butt stroke interrogations. It had a nice even rate of fire guessing about 600RPM based on it seemed less than half of my MAC.

Cyclic seemed just a hair faster than a 1919A4

Pepsi cans @ 100yrds , you could walk the fire onto each in about 4-5 rounds. Yes it chugs along as an open bolt, but the gun with stock and long sight radius made it a serious contender within realistic ranges for 9mm x 19.

Fired later converted mini and mirco Uzi's - RIP instant empty mag. Not as much fun, but instant death to your first and maybe second targets - like getting hit by 2 shells of 12ga #000

Would love to buy one. Fix FOPA and I will.

Edit: I would not want to be hump that gun around and carrying a full loadout of ammo. Even by Israeli standards which use the 25 rnd mags vrs 32. The polymer invasion hit the mark dead on when it came to improved SMG designs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
speeding up the ROF with a .75 or 1.0 inch buffer is a definite improvement.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I three lugged a barrel for my mini.  I bought a spare barrel nut, because they're cheap, and had it notched to clear the three lug.

So yeah, barrels are cheap, barrel nuts are cheap, get some three lug.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Now I do have a real question, should I get a three lug barrel and get the new 3 lug mount for my octane?
View Quote

Personal preference. I've got the 3-lug mount for the Bowers cans, as well as the barrel nut mount and direct thread mounts.

I like the barrel nut mount the best on the Uzi. But again, it's a matter of preference.

Link Posted: 12/22/2017 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#9]
the barrel nut suppressor mount is hard to beat
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top