Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2023 6:24:13 PM EDT
About ready to pull the trigger on an Iray RH25.
When I mount it in front of a day scope do I need to line up the reticles, then shut off the clip on reticle?
Or can they be off from each other?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends
Edit to add From a subject matter expert:

Depends on the thermal clipon.  The more highend thermal clipons are sufficiently well collimated that most do not have or need user collimation.

On the other hand, most commercial thermal clipons are not sufficiently collimated and hence do have and require user manual collimation.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 4:53:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
About ready to pull the trigger on an Iray RH25.
When I mount it in front of a day scope do I need to line up the reticles, then shut off the clip on reticle?
Or can they be off from each other?
View Quote

With the RH25 you set the diopter for the best image with your day optic, then use the margin adjustments to shift the screen to match with your day optic’s zero (it’s like a second zero process). It has nothing to do with the thermal reticle. It’s saved once you adjust it and then it’s ready to use as a clip-on.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:29:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top