Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2020 3:24:05 PM EDT
Submitted an E file form 1.  It was accepted etc.   I ordered FP cards from ATF but does NFA care if I go to the local LE shop to get fingerprinted and submit cards with local agency ORI info instead of ATF info as long as it's FD258 card?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Roll your own.  You can get a nice ink pad on Amazon
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I can get printed easy enough, just want to know if NFA wants cards with the ATF ORI on them exclusively or if they don't care about a local agency ORI.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I've done the sticker method with no issues. Cover it and write the correct.
I use the proper ones now.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive ordered the Federal cards that the ATF requires that was printed by a commercial third party on Amazon.
ATF was taking too long and I already filed my Form 1 so I had a short window to submit fingerprints.
I just copied all the information that comes on the ATF cards onto the cards I bought in ink.

Didn't have an issue and ATF approved my Form 1
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:58:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive ordered the Federal cards that the ATF requires that was printed by a commercial third party on Amazon.
View Quote
They just got the free ones and sold them to you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
ATF was taking too long and I already filed my Form 1 so I had a short window to submit fingerprints.
I just copied all the information that comes on the ATF cards onto the cards I bought in ink.

View Quote
You can also just download the online pdf and print them on regular paper (keeping the format, of course)

I don't think the ATF really gives a **** about fingerprints. I've sent in ones that looked like my kids' kindergarten finger-painting smudges. Approved...
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:44:57 AM EDT
[#8]
When they receive print cards at NFA they pretty much automatically just fix the ORI info.  They've taken mine blank, and with wrong ORI info. Don't sweat it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You can always put a sticker over the local info and write in the correct info.

Rumor is the ATF will do that for you if you send it in with the wrong info, but I’ve never had the issue.
View Quote
You are the Jedi night of knowledge. I love your posts
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#10]
According to the two Form 4s I just had go through with my and my SO's fingerprints they dont care.  Both were on local PD cards.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Both were on local PD cards.
View Quote
It's all the same federal FD-258 civil applicant cards. Only the agency ORI codes are different.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I just got my approved Form 1 back this week.  I rolled my own prints, did a crap job of it, and had put the FFL info in the ORI box instead of the NFA info.  30 days from submitted to approved...zero issues.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just got my approved Form 1 back this week.  I rolled my own prints, did a crap job of it, and had put the FFL info in the ORI box instead of the NFA info.  30 days from submitted to approved...zero issues.
View Quote
WOW that's a fast turn around. Did you do it online and then mail in your FP card or do the mail in application.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

WOW that's a fast turn around. Did you do it online and then mail in your FP card or do the mail in application.
View Quote
Online.  Like BigWaylon said, do the application online and then print out the barcoded fingerprint memo.  Throw that in an envelope with your cards and you're done.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I can get printed easy enough, just want to know if NFA wants cards with the ATF ORI on them exclusively or if they don't care about a local agency ORI.
View Quote
Last form submitted with blank ORI. No issues
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Online.  Like BigWaylon said, do the application online and then print out the barcoded fingerprint memo.  Throw that in an envelope with your cards and you're done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got 25 of the atf finger print cards. I'll be doing some more SBRs don't need a suppressor. I went stupid a few years back. I bought 9 suppressor at once. Right before the FP cards were required.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:48:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I got 25 of the atf finger print cards. I'll be doing some more SBRs don't need a suppressor. I went stupid a few years back. I bought 9 suppressor at once. Right before the FP cards were required.
View Quote
That's not stupid.  Buying 9 suppressors at once is the kind of moment that brings a freedom tear to my eye.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:49:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:50:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Mozambique
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Getting ink prints is practically impossible in MD as the state has gone to electronic prints. Is using a Silencer Shop kiosk just for the prints for Form 1s a viable option? Has anyone done it?

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Why can’t you roll your own using free cards from the ATF and a $8 inkless fingerprint pad?  You don’t need the state’s help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Getting ink prints is practically impossible in MD as the state has gone to electronic prints. Is using a Silencer Shop kiosk just for the prints for Form 1s a viable option? Has anyone done it?

Kharn
Why can’t you roll your own using free cards from the ATF and a $8 inkless fingerprint pad?  You don’t need the state’s help.
Listen to Waylon. Rolling your own is super simple. The last cards I sent in I did myself and the fingerprints looked horrible. To be honest I just wanted to see what ATF/FBI would accept. Went through no problem.
Amazon Product
  • Compact print pad contains a special inking solution that wipes away clean.
  • Inkless thumbprint pads are an easy and inexpensive way to provide extra security and to prevent check and identity fraud.
  • Quantity: 1 pad in black ink

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#24]
The ATF doesnt run your fingerprints. They put them in your file. If they do an investigation on you later on down the road for a related offense  they pull them and run them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The ATF doesnt run your fingerprints. They put them in your file. If they do an investigation on you later on down the road for a related offense  they pull them and run them.
View Quote
Nobody keeps physical print cards for reference anymore. FBI's CJIS stores all that biometric data digitally, so there's no need.

The print cards go to the FBI, who in turn advise ATF if you're disqualified from acquiring a firearm.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I did the same on one set myself. No issues.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#27]
"Nobody keeps physical print cards for reference anymore. FBI's CJIS stores all that biometric data digitally, so there's no need.

The print cards go to the FBI, who in turn advise ATF if you're disqualified from acquiring a firearm."

An ATF examiner told me that on two seperate occasions.  The last time was 3 months ago.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
An ATF examiner told me that on two seperate occasions.  The last time was 3 months ago.
View Quote
The examiners never deal with the print cards, so it isn't likely they would know.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You can also just download the online pdf and print them on regular paper (keeping the format, of course)

I don't think the ATF really gives a **** about fingerprints. I've sent in ones that looked like my kids' kindergarten finger-painting smudges. Approved...
View Quote

I just got a disapproval doing this.  Kept the format and had a thicker paper.  They apparently do care.  Repaid and resubmitted my form1 today with forms I picked up locally (thanks Capital Armory).

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Listen to Waylon. Rolling your own is super simple. The last cards I sent in I did myself and the fingerprints looked horrible. To be honest I just wanted to see what ATF/FBI would accept. Went through no problem.
www.amazon.com/dp/B0043GF5H0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

www.amazon.com/dp/B0043GF5H0

Just got two Form 1s approved using that method. On genuine FD258s from a big stack I ordered.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

Yes, you can order fingerprint cards ready to go from SS for $15, I believe.

I do them this way because I had my fingerprints done at a kiosk before my disaster with the immunotherapy.  Now I can hardly get my fingers close or open to straight, which is torture trying to roll prints.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I do them this way because I had my fingerprints done at a kiosk before my disaster with the immunotherapy.  Now I can hardly get my fingers close or open to straight, which is torture trying to roll prints.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

@shortround
See my post above, they're free from ATF directly. They sent me 20 without question.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

@shortround
See my post above, they're free from ATF directly. They sent me 20 without question.

Kharn
View Quote

@Kharn, The ones from SS come with your fingerprints already on them.  I was responding to your post about using the SS kiosk.  I did when it first came out and still use the info for purchases from SS.  BUT, the point I was making is SS will sell you filled out, ready to go cards, if you've used the kiosk to take them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#34]
I ordered a couple of sets of the free ATF cards and had them done by the city PD in the town where I work. Cost me $ 15.00 for the “ink & roll” for both sets and the PD girl that did it was kinda hot...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top