Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2021 5:07:19 AM EDT
I know the visible laser is activated, by default, but can they be programed to activate different functions?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:30:40 AM EDT
[#1]
The port closest to the rail is the A button, other port is B button. They are mirrored, so whatever mode you are in you will get the same functionality as the buttons on the MAWL.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#2]
The only time the visible laser will work with either A or B is when the propeller is on VIS. In other words you can not program it to work in conjunction with any IR modes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:10:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Okay, So adding a TAPS switch to a MAWL and a white light I'm still stuck with changing the MAWL head to visible to use the visible laser.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:54:16 AM EDT
[#4]
That's one thing I dislike. No VIZ override.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:56:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay, So adding a TAPS switch to a MAWL and a white light I'm still stuck with changing the MAWL head to visible to use the visible laser.
View Quote

That's the only way to get the visible laser, which is what the propeller cap is for. There are only 3 settings on the cap (Off - VIS - IR). To get visible, you have the cap set to visible.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:50:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same, for what it costs it should have the ability to override.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:08:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree. The interesting thing is the latest “updated” propeller cap has a hole for the vis laser when in IR mode. So maybe vis override is in the works.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:19:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the clarification. It isn't a deal breaker but it would be nice to have the option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top