Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2022 6:11:47 PM EDT
I'm still daydreaming about having a 10ga SBS

I've been half looking for an Ithaca mag 10, but found a Remington SP10 that I really like.

It's got all the right pitina, plenty of dings, and IMO would be a perfect blank canvas for an SBS project.

Thing is... idk if this thing would cycle with a barrel the length of the forearm.

I figure if you go too short, then your SOL.  finding another barrel just to cut wouldn't be appealing.

So, any idea if this gun would run short? Like 13 inches short...
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]
For a gas operated gun you may have to enlarge the gas port for it to run, especially with lighter loads
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mak0:
For a gas operated gun you may have to enlarge the gas port for it to run, especially with lighter loads
View Quote

@mak0

Is the SP10 a gas gun?
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ggllggll:

@mak0

Is the SP10 a gas gun?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ggllggll:
Originally Posted By mak0:

@mak0

Is the SP10 a gas gun?

Yes.

Most semi auto shotguns are gas operated, but there are others too such as Benelli inertia system and Browning long recoil system.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Old school tag here.

Deep down on my list is a Browning A5 shorty (12G). I hope it's not more trouble than it's worth...
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#5]
In semi auto SBS’s, I’ve got 2 factory HK M1s90’s at 14” and 2x cut down Remington model 11’s (browning A5 copy), at 12.5”.  All run just fine.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't they have a factory shorty? Are spare barrels available? I have no idea what kind of gas system is on the SP10 but I know a lot of guys have to open up the port/ports on the 1100 and 1187 guns when they chop them down. Are you going to be shooting full magnum loads? Probably have a bit of leeway with hotter loads.

Either way I say do it so we can all learn what it takes
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 7:08:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ggllggll] [#7]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Didn't they have a factory shorty? Are spare barrels available? I have no idea what kind of gas system is on the SP10 but I know a lot of guys have to open up the port/ports on the 1100 and 1187 guns when they chop them down. Are you going to be shooting full magnum loads? Probably have a bit of leeway with hotter loads.

Either way I say do it so we can all learn what it takes
View Quote

Well I didn't move fast enough on the SP10 to make it woek out.  Ill keep an eye open for one once the shows start up again this fall.

It's strange, 10ga around here Is one of two categories, dirt cheep because nobody wants it, or unobtainable expensive because who knows why.

Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Full send man! Life’s to short to worry about the details.

I chopped a Ithaca Mag-10 down to 13in, works fine.

Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Thought I'd seen one on here. That recoil pad doesn't look very soft
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By aksahsalahs:
Full send man! Life’s to short to worry about the details.

I chopped a Ithaca Mag-10 down to 13in, works fine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/101965/8AAF0D04-72C8-4B3A-929A-7832C2144AAB-2132228.jpg
View Quote

That is so sweet
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 1:00:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Lynx 12 chokes on birdshot at 12”
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top