Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2018 4:23:40 PM EDT
I have a Rattler, and am interested in getting more into the MCX. Does your MCX barrel retain zero when you pull it and reinstall, or does it need to be rezeroed?

I know different barrels will have different POA’s, I just want to know if I should be looking at getting a new barrel/handguard or an entire new upper. I don’t want to reserve anytime I switch. Does anyone have any experience or data with this?
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a Rattler, and am interested in getting more into the MCX. Does your MCX barrel retain zero when you pull it and reinstall, or does it need to be rezeroed?

I know different barrels will have different POA’s, I just want to know if I should be looking at getting a new barrel/handguard or an entire new upper. I don’t want to reserve anytime I switch. Does anyone have any experience or data with this?
View Quote
Just like other QD items, if you can maintain the same Torque/installation specs, you should have repeatable accuracy on uninstalling/reinstalling barrels.

That said, if you have a Rattler, I would look at getting a new upper.  I know it sounds like it negates the entire premise of quickly changing barrels/calibers in the MCX - however, the chassis/upper is different on the Rattler than on a "standard" Virtus MCX upper.  The top rail is shorter, therefore you are going to be limited on the rails/handguards that you will be able to use.  That said, the barrels, BCG, etc will all interchange between the two.

I have a little bit of experience with MCX, let me know if I can help further.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just like other QD items, if you can maintain the same Torque/installation specs, you should have repeatable accuracy on uninstalling/reinstalling barrels.

That said, if you have a Rattler, I would look at getting a new upper.  I know it sounds like it negates the entire premise of quickly changing barrels/calibers in the MCX - however, the chassis/upper is different on the Rattler than on a "standard" Virtus MCX upper.  The top rail is shorter, therefore you are going to be limited on the rails/handguards that you will be able to use.  That said, the barrels, BCG, etc will all interchange between the two.

I have a little bit of experience with MCX, let me know if I can help further.
View Quote
Was hoping you’d see this. I hadn’t considered the differences inherent in the Rattler, sounds like I’ll have to snag an upper. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Nevermind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top