User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2018 1:41:32 PM EDT
Well, do I?
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Trying to make the same decision. I'm leaning towards yes. They're one of the last few affordable guns out there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#3]
It's on the list to be my first MG as well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had one for 6 years, I love it.....replace the firingpin with a titanium one....controllable in full auto and semi.....the only issue is with the magazines, if you buy the 30 round after market mags, you may likely have to adjust the feed lips...The single feed mags are the weakest part of the gun, you have to adjust the lips to feed at the proper angle...I did that to all 6 30 rounders I own and it shoots like a top now.....and they are a former US military gun.....buy it....
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I would say yes as well.  A Reising is on my list to pick up in the next year or so.   For some reason the SAR article last month with the Reising fitting an Octane 45 caught my attention.

I am not sure how bad it is for the host to put a suppressor on the end of  it,  but it sure looks fun.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... and some file work on the aftermarket mags so the op-rod didnt drag on them and they work great now.
View Quote
I think I've had to tweak all of my mags, whether they were aftermarket or GI mags. But yes, once you get them running they generally do pretty well.

Trigger is a bit heavy, but not terrible. And it runs reasonably smooth. It runs a bit faster than I want it to. And I've tried adding weight to the action bar to slow it down. I got it running less than 800 rpm, but still couldn't pull singles.

When I bought it, I had the KCR subgun match in mind. This gave me a closed bolt gun so I could shoot in another category. And I've done reasonably well with it at times, but it's difficult to do really well with it. It just runs too fast, which leads to dumping extra rounds, which means extra reloads, etc. makes for a slower run.

I was shown how to "pluck" the trigger and get singles. It actually works really well, and surprisingly is still quite accurate. However, it takes a bit of concentration, and is still slower than just running singles on an Uzi or a tricked out M11. You can see me "plucking" singles in the video.

Now for a general recreational weekend subgun, it's a solid choice. Aftermarket 30-round mags are available again. Grab them while they are, because once they are out of production, they get hard to find.

ISSMC 2007 - Reising Stage 2
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it easy to find parts for these?

I bought my first MG last year and while cruising the various sites these would catch my eye.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Si
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Seems like a fun gun to plink steel with but I feel like shooting 45 cal would get expensive quick. Then again if you can afford the MG you should be able to afford the ammo.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Seems like a fun gun to plink steel with but I feel like shooting 45 cal would get expensive quick. Then again if you can afford the MG you should be able to afford the ammo.
View Quote
That’s true. I do have a range in my back yard but generally shoot only rimfire because of elderly neighbors. I shoot suppressed so all they hear is me hitting steel.

But I have came to the conclusion that I get to get all of my big toys out about 3-4 times a year and really cut loose. So my thoughts on a 45cal SMG is yes it’s going to be expensive. But that 1-2 times a year that I will break it out for a regional MG shoot, or family events will be worth paying the extra cash to enjoy it for the day.

After watching some videos last night I noticed how high the ROF was on the Reising. Is their any way to slow it down?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I've owned mine since '94.
It comes out about once, or twice a year. Great fun to shoot, but kind of fast, I'd say about 900 rpm.
The best I can do is 3 round bursts, nowhere near pulling singles for me.
I've broken an action bar, & 1 firing pin.
Parts are out there, but getting harder to find.
The compensator is very thin, & prone to blowing fins.
I enjoy mine a lot.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

After watching some videos last night I noticed how high the ROF was on the Reising. Is their any way to slow it down?
View Quote
The quick answer is "not really".

The longer answer is "sort of". I tried adding weight to the action bar, and was able to get the ROF from 850 rpm down to 600 rpm. I still could not pull singles with it, but doubles were pretty easy.

I had cut the front end off an old cracked stock to make room for the weight, and I was going to try to make some new kind of stock with clearance for the larger weighted action bar. But that project has since stalled. I mostly just tinker in my basement.

And I'm somewhat concerned about the long-term effects of the heavier bar on the gun. I don't know if I would be setting myself up to damage the receiver, where the bolt locks into place.

I thought I had a video of me shooting the action bar with the steel weight welded in place. But I can't seem to find it. Here's where I did some testing to see how much weight the gun would still run with.

Reising rate-of-fire adjustments
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top