Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2019 12:54:26 AM EDT
I emailed DM but didn't receive any response.   Will the DM SiCo ASR machined tube work with the Keymo designed to retrofit the Saker can?

This Tube
DM Sico ASR tube

This Adapter
This Adapter

Reasoning is I already have a Sandman L and the muzzle devices to fit it.  This would be a little more on the front end but would be more compatible with the devices I already have.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#1]
The DM ASR tube takes the Nomad/Omega version of the Key-Mo.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 12:32:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I emailed DM but didn't receive any response.   Will the DM SiCo ASR machined tube work with the Keymo designed to retrofit the Saker can?

This Tube
DM Sico ASR tube

This Adapter
This Adapter

Reasoning is I already have a Sandman L and the muzzle devices to fit it.  This would be a little more on the front end but would be more compatible with the devices I already have.
View Quote
To fit the keymo saker mount  you will need the madd adapter to fit your tube threads and other end to fit the keymo saker mount.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone finally got back to me on this and I put in my order.  The linked tube will fit on the Dead Air Keymo adapter.   I should have it in a few days so we will see.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Did it fit?
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did it fit?
View Quote
Yes but I need to touch it up on the Lathe as the tube doesn't completely mate up to the adapter flat space.

Link Posted: 2/10/2019 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you mean the tube isn’t round or that the face against the adapter isn’t a square cut?
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you mean the tube isn’t round or that the face against the adapter isn’t a square cut?
View Quote
Thread cuts aren't deep enough to let it thread on completely and have the 2 flat faces meet each other.  I plan on addressing this when I go over to use the lathe to finish this thing off after I get around to getting it marked.   It looks like the threads cut for the KeyMo in the tube were not completely cut on the inside.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thread cuts aren't deep enough to let it thread on completely and have the 2 flat faces meet each other.  I plan on addressing this when I go over to use the lathe to finish this thing off after I get around to getting it marked.   It looks like the threads cut for the KeyMo in the tube were not completely cut on the inside.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That sucks. I was going to buy one of these tubes.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#9]
There has been posts at the other board about this and out of spec threads. I have a customer in this same boat and dm told him the module threads in nothing wrong.

What i did was bored out the asr threads and threaded that end 24 tpj. Made a thread adapter to fit the tube to thr ac824 module. It tested great on my 308. Here are some pic links.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wB6HHcrTSsHCmmUPA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jASqF9TxB4DTAzfSA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wjopXRbKKLBGZdhEA
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I was asked what the wall thickness is on the thread adapter tube threads. The thread adapter has an id the same as the asr unthreaded od that extends in the tube. 1.314. The od of the threads are the major diameter at 1.430.

The tube itself has an od of 1.5 and the minor dimension of the tube threads is 1.395.

All this means is the asr thread adapter i made is stronger than the tube itself with thicker walls.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I looked at a 2nd asr tube made by dm and it appears to be made the same way with the minor dimension at 1.348. Ir appears the tube was bored out to 1.350 then threaded 24tpi to end up with the minor dimension out of spec
.008 too large.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top