Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2019 6:03:14 PM EDT
Who do you recommend for pricing and availability?
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#1]
MSD
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Who do you recommend for pricing and availability?
View Quote
I guess I have only been active for about 7 months, and transferred 25 so far... but I am setup with Williams Shooters Supply, Lipsey's, Davidson's and Zanders. I get everything from Davidson's and Zanders though... I have also gotten setup with Palmetto State Armory and Rock River Arms as they work direct. PSA because they are cheap and RRA because that is the only place I can get one and a customer asked for one of their LAR-8's.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]
As Kit said above. Ive also added RSR, only get accessories and ammo from there. They will not ship guns to home based businesses. I go back and forth between dealers, I will compare and see who has the best price if I,m only ordering 1 or 2 guns. Ive noticed that ammo prices can vary between dealers. Shipping is also a big deal if they charge. Chattanooga tried to charge me a grip the last time I submitted a order to them. Davidsons doesn't charge for ammo shipments over $500.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 4:43:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As Kit said above. Ive also added RSR, only get accessories and ammo from there. They will not ship guns to home based businesses. I go back and forth between dealers, I will compare and see who has the best price if I,m only ordering 1 or 2 guns. Ive noticed that ammo prices can vary between dealers. Shipping is also a big deal if they charge. Chattanooga tried to charge me a grip the last time I submitted a order to them. Davidsons doesn't charge for ammo shipments over $500.
View Quote
Getting that home based ffl in Cali must have been quite interesting.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Do we have a list of Distributors? Preferably ones that will deal with non-brick and mortar store fronts.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#6]
That would be nice. I work part time for a LGS and researching the process for my own FFL/SOT. I didn't even realize RSR wouldn't work with non brick and mortar stores. They are one of our go-to sources...
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That would be nice. I work part time for a LGS and researching the process for my own FFL/SOT. I didn't even realize RSR wouldn't work with non brick and mortar stores. They are one of our go-to sources...
View Quote
I would highly recommend ffl123.com. For $30-40 it has a lot of Great information, including notes on a few dealers.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
<----kitchen table who gets guns every week from RSR.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They emailed me today and said they would only do accessories for me.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:54:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
With more and more distributors going belly up it's a wonder why RSR turns away business.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#11]
RSR, but this week I picked up some P320s for $50 less than RSR was offering them from CDNN. Free shipping too.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My rep. told me they changed their policy a few years ago and the people with accounts already were "grandfathered in".
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#13]
I assumed there would have been a well established list on here by now?
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I guess I have only been active for about 7 months, and transferred 25 so far... but I am setup with Williams Shooters Supply, Lipsey's, Davidson's and Zanders. I get everything from Davidson's and Zanders though... I have also gotten setup with Palmetto State Armory and Rock River Arms as they work direct. PSA because they are cheap and RRA because that is the only place I can get one and a customer asked for one of their LAR-8's.
View Quote
Wont be getting much from Williams Shooters Supply anymore.  They just got added to the list of 7 distributors that have gone out of business this year.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Wont be getting much from Williams Shooters Supply anymore.  They just got added to the list of 7 distributors that have gone out of business this year.
View Quote
huh... I just got a magazine from them about a month ago.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found this letter posted online.  
https://looserounds.com/2019/10/31/williams-shooters-supply-closing/

Link Posted: 11/19/2019 4:29:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Losing both Jerry's and Greene's this year hurt me, as they were my primary vendors, along with Zanders. I use Chattanooga, Crowe and MGE as my round-out sources
I'm sure that they'd prefer that I use them more often, but the free shipping from Zanders is hard to argue with. Chattanooga will say that they have free shipping over $500 or whatever the amount is, but they break it down by categories of product ordered. Zanders is just free shipping over $500 regardless of what you ordered
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#18]
As far as wholesale distributors, I'm currently set up with Zanders, Lipsey's, Davidson's, MGE Wholesale and Chattanooga.

~99% of my orders go to Zander's due to their free shipping on > $500 orders, super fast shipping, their LACK of bullsh*t shipping restrictions (like Davidson's has), and they are great people to work with.

I've ordered a couple from MGE, but only because they were MGE exclusives (e.g., a LWS-32 Seecamp .32ACP) or something not available from any of the other four wholesalers (e.g., Kimber).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top