Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2017 11:59:30 PM EDT
Greetings,

So, I had inquired about a year ago on the possibility of modifying a demilled RPG-7
into an "authentic-looking" display piece (see THIS THREAD).

Long story short, finally got around to doing it, wanted to post a few pics of my results and
see what everyone thought (please see pics, below).

Happy to answer any questions, a few quick comments on the  project:
    - About $1K in it (including dummy rockets & scope).   For what I've done so far, took about 4-6 hrs
    with basic tools in my garage.

- I think the result is pretty cool-- the [modified] rocket can be taken in/out, trigger & hammer work,
    iron sites flip up, scope can be taken on/off, etc... one probably could do RPG gunner basic training on
    it, if desired (short of actual firing, obviously).

- Like most Soviet-block weapons, it's simple, effective, and pretty durable... but it's heavy!
    something I didn't really appreciate just seeing all the jihadis on TV running around with these things...

- As for how it was demilled:  there's a bar welded through the firing pin hole, and then a large chunk of
    steel has be cut (torched) out of the expansion chamber (but this is largely hidden by the handguards)...
    basically what has been described in the "reactivation" threads.
Thanks,

SD

Below -- "Handmaiden to the AK"

[ **EDITED 02FEB18 to update image links** ]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:04:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats awesome.

Very nice work,looks perfect.

How heavy is it 20-25lbs or so?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Very cool.  Is there a story on the bipod?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#3]
very nice work
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
The weight of the launcher itself came to 15.0 lbs; there's a piece of steel missing [see pic below],
but this weight should be close.  Total weight with the dummy rocket inserted came to 19.2 lbs.

As for the bipod, it came "stock" on mine; but after some quick searching around the 'Net, looks like
it's an Israeli/Galil bipod (look HERE and HERE ).  This certainly adds some interesting insight about
the "provenance" of my unit!

Below-- the modified rocket next to the full-size Com bloc training rocket

Below-- detail on the grip / mfg markings... so "Circle 10" makes it Bulgarian in origin...

Below-- deail on how the expansion chamber was demilled

Below-- actual view looking through the reticle on the scope

[ ** EDITED 02FEB2018 to update image links** ]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I wanted to get one to shoot subcal trainers with.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The weight of the launcher itself came to 15.0 lbs; there's a piece of steel missing [see pic below],
but this weight should be close.  Total weight with the dummy rocket inserted came to 19.2 lbs.

As for the bipod, it came "stock" on mine; but after some quick searching around the 'Net, looks like
it's an Israeli/Galil bipod (look HERE and HERE ).  This certainly adds some interesting insight about
the "provenance" of my unit!

Below-- the modified rocket next to the full-size Com bloc training rocket
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh603/shadowman41/RPG7_04_zps3hskdkmy.jpg

Below-- detail on the grip / mfg markings... so "Circle 10" makes it Bulgarian in origin...
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh603/shadowman41/RPG7_05_zpshzyq5lt3.jpg

Below-- deail on how the expansion chamber was demilled
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh603/shadowman41/RPG7_06_zpssi5sfcjl.jpg

Below-- actual view looking through the reticle on the scope
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh603/shadowman41/RPG7_07_zpskzxawgc3.jpg
View Quote
Very interesting history on that. Too bad you cant launch smoke rounds or something

I like it,thanks for sharing

Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:41:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Interesting, I knew it wasn't an RPG bipod, but I didn't recognize it.  It's similar to a Chinese bipod, but obviously your launcher isn't Chinese.  The Russian bipod is QD and has stamped legs.

Very cool.  Now I'm Jones'n for an RPG7.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Neat project.  Thanks for sharing!  
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#9]
@shadowdoc any chance you would upload these pics to arfcom?  I'd love to see it!
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 2:14:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@shadowdoc any chance you would upload these pics to arfcom?  I'd love to see it!
View Quote
This.....can’t see any pics.

I really want one of these
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#11]
#1.  These quit working because 'Photobucket' changed their terms of use, and it now
costs $400/yr (> $1/day) to enable 3rd-party hosting on their site... and that's the ONLY
reason I even have a Photobucket account.

#2.  That said, images are working for me today (1/27/2018)-- can anyone else comment
on this?

#3.  I didn't know there was a way to upload pics to AR15.com-- all the pic threads I've
created have needed 3rd-party image posting.  Please educate me, if there's something here
that I've missed.

Thx........
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, that came out awesome! Looks awesome! I always wanted a -7....I did just pic up a -2...I have to get a dummy rocket for it too...I think SARCO has them...

Anything in the trigger pack that looks like an Enfield trigger spring?

If you ever have seen "The Beast" (awesome movie, skinny George Dzundza...), the traitor Korbachenko IIRC, fixes the Muj -7 using the trigger spring from one of their Enfields, always wondered if that was accurate...
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quick f/u--

Edited my original posts in this thread to make the images work again.

SD
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:24:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like you got a nice one....your head shields look better than most I've seen and it's in overall nice shape
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine is similar to yours.  I think mine has an actual RPG bipod. Something interesting I noticed, the "remove before shooting" tag on the fuze cover has writing in Bulgarian on one side and Slovak on the other.  My GF knows Slovak but I can't remember what she said was written on it off the top of my head.

I'm thinking of stripping the paint off and repainting it with an almost black paint.  Whats on it now is probably not original.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice,  I might end up getting one.....
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Shadow doc where did you get one?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top