Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2021 2:07:22 PM EDT
I saw the gemtech pill bottle and got to thinking about discrete suppressors. I have a colt 1908 .25 I want to suppress and I’m thinking about making a suppressor disguised as a turkey baster. Anyone have any ideas on some fun ways to disguise a suppressor
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Hand grenade. Nobody will go near it to figure out what it really is. Disguise it as a “Complaints Dept: Take a number” pin pull-tag gag desk plaque for a triple psyche out.  Maybe scent it with buck lure.  

Or buy a case of fake suppressors and hide your facsimile whisper pickle under the sign that says “Free felonies...take one.”

If you disguise a suppressor can you transfer it for $5 as an AOW?

Seriously, other than as a temporary anti+theft measure in luggage, camper, car travel, etc., I don’t see the point.

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
It would just be for something fun . A novelty if you will . Like a grown ups transformers toy
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Gotcha.  For fun I think a wrap with Mentos mint graphics (or some other product) would be playful. Once mounted it’s pretty obvious. The most discrete are integral rimfire rifle cans that just look like a bull barrel.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Push a C or D cell Maglite head over one end and just throw it in a junk drawer.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Cut, slit, and wrap a Red Bull can around one. As KP suggested, Mentos for the thin, or Necco wafers for a 1x5. Keep it looking like a maglite. Magnum 44 marker. An actual Tylenol or similar bottle...
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm... if you're really into it for the giggles, modify a C/D cell maglight (whichever is closest to the profile of the can) to work on 1 battery, and have a rod attached to run through the can so you can screw a cap plate on the other end to hold it in place... or just put a threaded stub on the rear of the light to screw onto the can's thread mounts.

If you want it to be usable while looking like something else... Hmmm.. could always get one of those Clone-a-Willy kits and make your suppressor the core of a fake wang.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:51:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Red Bull can

edit: beat by days
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It would just be for something fun . A novelty if you will . Like a grown ups transformers toy
View Quote

Anything's if you're brave enough...you know, the thing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Anything's if you're brave enough...you know, the thing.
View Quote

Lol  this ain’t GD, but you are correct  

I had the idea of a micro suppressor that would fit inside of a roll of quarters but it would be too small to be effective.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hmmm... if you're really into it for the giggles, modify a C/D cell maglight (whichever is closest to the profile of the can) to work on 1 battery, and have a rod attached to run through the can so you can screw a cap plate on the other end to hold it in place... or just put a threaded stub on the rear of the light to screw onto the can's thread mounts.

If you want it to be usable while looking like something else... Hmmm.. could always get one of those Clone-a-Willy kits and make your suppressor the core of a fake wang.
View Quote

Walking Dead Maglite Kit. [/cough]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I had the idea of a micro suppressor that would fit inside of a roll of quarters but it would be too small to be effective.
View Quote

For 22lr?
If so, a .75x2.75 wouldn't be too bad. I think it would fit the niche of micro/secret well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I once considered making a hollow fibreglass  shell that looked like a large loaf of French bread that could be hinged open to accommodate a suppressed MK2 Sten (minus butt stock).

You could do the same thing for your Colt w/can .......then put it in a Subway wrapper/bag.......leave a hole for the trigger and enough internal space to capture ejected brass....

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#13]
on-board bicycle pump, go all out and make it a single shot gun like in the movie.

2 cell maglite with extender to look like a 5/6 cell but extender is really a silencer.

Same thing for a flashlight using solarforce extender.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I’m not sure it would be a disguise, but I’m considering painting a suppressor pink and possibly make it look like a dildo.  I know this isn’t GD so I hope this doesnt cross the line.  Black high temp paint is starting to flake off so it needs a new look.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’m not sure it would be a disguise, but I’m considering painting a suppressor pink and possibly make it look like a dildo.  I know this isn’t GD so I hope this doesnt cross the line.  Black high temp paint is starting to flake off so it needs a new look.
View Quote

Well, there was this guy

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Flesh Light?!
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Was going to Form 1 a silencer disguised as a bong. Figured you could leave it out with a lighter and little weed next to it, cops would never know it’s a silencer. But got second thoughts for some reason…
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Ronson lighter butane cylinder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top