Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2021 10:51:24 PM EDT
Got a surefire v1 and owned it about a month.  Played around with it in the backyard and carried it in my pocket a few times.  One day I notice there is chipping on the bezel.  At first I thought the anodizing just wore off rubbing on keys in my pocket, but closer inspection revealed that part of the bezel is plastic and chipped.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Cheap plastic on the bezel of a $270 light. I accept lights will experience wear and tear but this was never even mounted and barely used.  To make matters worse I contacted surefire over 2 weeks ago and no response yet.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks.  How did you contact them?  Email, or phone?  I've always had great luck calling and talking to a live person and getting an RMA.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s not plastic that’s glue
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
It was by email. I will try calling tomorrow after work.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Just to update, still no response via email.  I called today and spent 20 min on hold with customer service before I gave up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just to update, still no response via email.  I called today and spent 20 min on hold with customer service before I gave up.
View Quote

They're in CA so call right when they open, someone will answer right away. Also IIRC all the SureFires 6P, V1, M622V, and X400V I have has a plastic bezel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally got in contact with someone today.  Happened to be the guy assigned to my case. Surefire said that it is the epoxy that has chipped which keeps moisture out of the head so they will repair or replace.  Should get a shipping label in a few days.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#7]
My V1 and M622V both have some degree of scratches in the edge of the epoxy. Glad they're taking care of it but I don't think it's going to affect function.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:13:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Got a surefire v1 and owned it about a month.  Played around with it in the backyard and carried it in my pocket a few times.  One day I notice there is chipping on the bezel.  At first I thought the anodizing just wore off rubbing on keys in my pocket, but closer inspection revealed that part of the bezel is plastic and chipped.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252694/20210103_213236_jpg-1787402.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252694/20210103_212908_jpg-1787403.JPG

Cheap plastic on the bezel of a $270 light. I accept lights will experience wear and tear but this was never even mounted and barely used.  To make matters worse I contacted surefire over 2 weeks ago and no response yet.
View Quote

Glue?  What glue lol.  Mine has been like that for years but still works fine.   Have been diving with it no issues yet.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top