Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2020 2:33:00 PM EDT
Three of the AR's that I have would be used for slow, aimed fire only in all probability.  A 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 Grendel and 338 federal.  The suppressor for the 338 will be shared with a bolt rifle so I was planning on using the suppressor as a DT on both rifles.  I don't have a dedicated suppressor yet for the 6.5 rifles I have some 6.5X55 bolt rifles that will get the suppressor treatment of these days and was considering leaving the 6.5 AR's as DT as well.  Is there a consensus on using AR's as DT like that?  I know that loosening could be an issue but I have not read much about increased/decreased wear on the blast baffle of the suppressor on a DT setup.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
If the silencer has wrench flats and you torque it down securely on a wide enough barrel shoulder then it’s not gonna come off unless you want it to. Flash hiders wear out blast baffles much more quickly than direct thread does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top