Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2018 10:12:26 AM EDT
This month's Blue Press, September 2018, has a good article on page 62 titled, "Why Handload?", by Duane Thomas.  Besides the obvious advantages of lower cost, he makes a good case for handloading as he discusses the positive points in the 2 full page article.  Well worth the read.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
<comment removed> Remember this is not GD. dryflash3
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Just read it. Good article.  He did leave out one thing. I also do it just for fun. I like to experiment with different calibers and loads.

That keeps things interesting for me.  10mm has kind of been my pet here lately.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This month's Blue Press, September 2018, has a good article on page 62 titled, "Why Handload?", by Duane Thomas.  Besides the obvious advantages of lower cost, he makes a good case for handloading as he discusses the positive points in the 2 full page article.  Well worth the read.
View Quote
Duane is or was a regular on the Brian Enos forums.

Heck, he might even be a mod there...still.

He was kinda caught with his hand in the cookie jar years back.

He started a thread asking about some big match...how the stages were set up... he might have even asked about if people had their match booklets and if they would mail them to him.

See?

He was going to write an article for some "gunzine" like he had actually been there to that match either just as a spectator or as an actual competitor.

Ever since that came to light,  IMO his credibility was shot...so I skip over everything he writes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just read it. Good article.  He did leave out one thing. I also do it just for fun. I like to experiment with different calibers and loads.
That keeps things interesting for me.  10mm has kind of been my pet here lately.
View Quote
Not saying he did it perfectly as you're right, many of us do it more for fun than anything.  When I started I thought, "Well, I'll do my 40s&w and .223/5.56 on my 550B and that's all.  Yea right!  Some 15yrs later and I'm doing 16 calibers on a my XL650 with casefeeder and loving to experiment.  I do 7 different pistol calibers but load 28 different bullet and powder combinations (so far) and I do 9 different rifle calibers but load 24 different bullet and powder combinations (also so far).  That's 52 different combinations in all and I'm having a ball doing it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ever since that came to light,  IMO his credibility was shot...so I skip over everything he writes.
View Quote
years ago, i was on the brian enos forum

I knew well that brian didn’t allow bashing of IDPA or USPSA

I posted something in an IDPA thread and he went in and edited my post....then PM’ed saying i was bashing IDPA so he changed my words

I knew better, and didn’t appreciate him changing my post with his words

I understand and respect what mods do, but please don’t put words in my mouth

I skip his articles also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top