Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2020 7:09:42 AM EDT
I heard they were going to bring some prototypes of their straight pull 308 bullpup.  Anyone see anything?

Here’s an older link for info https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/04/fims-firerms-straight-pull-308-bullpup-rifle/
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I heard they were going to bring some prototypes of their straight pull 308 bullpup.  Anyone see anything?

Here’s an older link for info https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/04/fims-firerms-straight-pull-308-bullpup-rifle/
View Quote
I would be interested if SA.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
OST
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
I saw it at SHOT.

-Superb, crazy good trigger. Fully adjustable for weight, travel, overtravel

-Very smooth straight pull action

-Compact, well balanced

Overall, it seemed like a very cool option for those in ban states / the UK/ Australia.

For free states, the most promising application seemed for suppressed use with subsonics; it would make for a modern DeLisle Carbine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Lisle_carbine
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:39:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I saw it at SHOT.

-Compact, well balanced

Overall, it seemed like a very cool option for those in ban states / the UK/ Australia.

For free states, the most promising application seemed for suppressed use with subsonics; it would make for a modern DeLisle Carbine.

View Quote
Price and availability?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 1:44:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Price and availability?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw it at SHOT.

-Compact, well balanced

Price and availability?
They estimated it at $2500. I didn't ask when it would be ready.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 4:40:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I think it would make a great compact suppressed hunting rifle. I dunno, I just like bullpups.

Wish they kept the price under 2k, but I’m just glad it’s good. How much did it weigh?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 5:23:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think it would make a great compact suppressed hunting rifle. I dunno, I just like bullpups.

Wish they kept the price under 2k, but I’m just glad it’s good. How much did it weigh?
View Quote
Yeah, price is expensive. On the other hand, its what appears to be a very small company making a very niche item, so they likely have a small volume of rifles to recoup a fair amount of R&D before they even break even on the costs of development.

Can't say as to the exact weight. I picked up the 16", didn't feel appreciably heavier then my AUG. I'd say somewhere between 7-8lbs is a safe guess for the 16".

Per TFB:
With this 26? bull barrel (barrel diameter starts at 1-1/4? and tapers to 1?) the rifle weighs 9.6 lbs and has a center of gravity four inches behind the pistol grip. With shorter and slimmer profile barrels, the rifle will weigh much less but will become a little bit butt heavy.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/04/fims-firerms-straight-pull-308-bullpup-rifle/
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Where’s the charging handle?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Where’s the charging handle?
View Quote
It's a forward charging handle in the handguard. Very smooth, low weight to cycle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have pictures of the new guns?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:17:00 AM EDT
[#11]
You know, I actually don't think that stuff like this is a bad idea considering the current trend of the Karins of America wanting to ban everything from plastic straws to common held firearms.

Would a gas gun be preferred over bolt gun in most scenarios, yes absolutely but a lot of these newer designs do make bolt guns more viable in places that have heavy restrictions.

You can still run suppressed,
you still have access to modern mags,
you can mount silencers,
you can run modern LPVO's with no issues
you can mount thermal or NV optics with no issues

I think one could do some pretty good work with a Q mini fix or sig cross with a LPVO
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone have pictures of the new guns?
View Quote
This is a pic I took at SHOT of the guns I handled.

Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:57:30 AM EDT
[#13]
That looks mighty uncomfortable to shoot with the grip so far forward.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:49:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That looks mighty uncomfortable to shoot with the grip so far forward.
View Quote
It wasn't bad at all holding it.

Length of pull doesn't really matter on a bullpup, because the location of the grip is artificial; it has no effect on where the sights, magwell, and other controls are located.

Whereas a rifle with a conventional layout, the longer the LOP, the further away everything else is.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 12:47:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Length of pull doesn't really matter on a bullpup, because the location of the grip is artificial; it has no effect on where the sights, magwell, and other controls are located.

Whereas a rifle with a conventional layout, the longer the LOP, the further away everything else is.
View Quote
How was the trigger?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 4:00:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How was the trigger?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How was the trigger?
Unreal, crazy good. It's totally adjustable in every respect (weight, travel, overtravel.) I think the one I dry fired (I only dry fired it twice) was around 2lbs? with a mouse click short level of travel.

If it's a $2500 rifle, I wouldn't be surprised if $500+ of that cost is in the trigger.

It's very much a precision rifle design.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#17]
That’s cool. Glad the trigger is good.

Did they mention if they were going to do a ar15 size or platform (556/300blk, 6.8spc/6.5G)?

Might shave off some weight with the smaller frame size
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 2:02:39 AM EDT
[#18]
anyone got any info on release dates?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:47:40 AM EDT
[#19]
It's out: https://www.fimsfirearms.com/introducing-the-fims-spbp/
Per email they said MSRP is $2500

I may pick one up toward the end of the year.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow - so the $2,500 price was real? This is interesting for sure. I may see if I can find one in the coming months just to try the trigger and see how it shoulders. At that price and with those specs if it's reliable that's a must-buy for me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#21]
This is my 1st time hearing about this rifle. I'm sorta digging it, especially with the premium trigger and light weight they are claiming. They need to get some samples into 2-3 gun channels for reviews. If accurate and reliable, a 20" may end up in my safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top