Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2019 8:29:18 PM EDT
The rifle is a SS takedown with the black Kryptek Typhon camo.  Here is the BEFORE shot:

I wanted a threaded barrel I so I could use one of my .22 suppressors on it.  Found a good deal (I think) on a Ruger factory blued 16.5" threaded barrel ($130 delivered from Brownell's).  I also found a good deal on a barely used AGP folding stock, so I bought that, too.

Here's what she looks like with her new clothes (I don't mind the blue and silver combo at all):

And making use of that threaded barrel (Gemtech GM-22...very light and compact):

Folded and with the barrel off:

And one nice thing is that the original barrel in the original foreend will still attach and lock up to the rifle:

In this last picture you can see the 2" difference in the barrel lengths.

Looking forward to shooting the rifle.  Not sold on the folder, really, but bought it just to give it a try.  It is really solidly made.  Won't fit into the Ruger backpack, though, with the scope mounted where the original stock does.

I may go back to the original stock.  If so, I'll see if I can find an original Kryptek Typhon foreend and keep both barrels ready to go!

Thoughts and comments are welcome!

Rob
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Shot it last night with the new barrel and both of my .22 suppressors!  Worked great without a single malfunction and no issues with the can.  Shoots great with either one install, or just bare barrel.

Rob
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:13:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice setup.  That barrel frankly looks nicer than a factory barrel. The shorter length of threading compared regular factory Ruger barrels is an improvement also.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 1:31:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The blued threaded barrel IS a Ruger factory barrel.  Came in a Ruger box and everything!  Seems to shoot well, too.

Rob
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good! The new barrel makes a big difference.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice job OP. I too have that same stock in black with my TD that I sbr'd with a 10" charger barrel. Ton of fun to shoot and very quiet suppressed. Have fun with it!
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Liked the Kryptek better.  I would have put a threaded carbon fiber on there and called it a day.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#8]
For anyone looking, that bbl is available on the big auction site for $90 +$12.50 shipping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top