Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2022 12:09:04 AM EDT
My YHM qd mount kept coming loose from my suppressor (to clarify, the full size YHM qd "hub" mount connected to my turbo k). I cranked it on tight with the nicer yhm wrench you have to  buy from them, while the turbo k was in a vice locked in with the Vox block, also used anti seize. Even then, it was still coming loose. This time, I put it back in the vice, and cranked it basically as hard as I could, but now im worried I've messed up the threads. After a substantial amount of force, I felt the mount move a tiny bit more than it had previously. Now, I cant remove the mount no matter how hard I try, it's like it has been rocksetted.

Did I mess the "hub" mount's or the YHM QD mount's threads up? I assume I have, so I guess I’ll have to contact YHM? Hopefully this is fixable right?

Update: Bought a torque wrench, got it off, threads look fine.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 3:53:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Why do you want to remove it?
I would say try a longer wrench
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess because I want to see if I’ve messed up the threads. If I have, I’d want them fixed if possible
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Update: went out and bought a torque wrench, was able to get it off, threads look fine thankfully.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update: went out and bought a torque wrench, was able to get it off, threads look fine thankfully.
View Quote
Glad there was no damage.

Try Rocksett next time.

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 3:44:56 PM EDT
[#5]
A torque wrench is not the tool for removing stuck fasteners.

That said, it should be useful when reinstalling.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Try Rocksett next time.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A torque wrench is not the tool for removing stuck fasteners.

That said, it should be useful when reinstalling.
View Quote
Unless he fuckered the TW by maxing it out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Something does seem odd so let us know how it goes with YHM CS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top