Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2020 8:29:30 PM EDT
Time flys. You have a lot of  your favorite stash and then the can was empty.

For the past couple months I have worked the 1050 like a rented mule in 9mm. In the next month I will be shooting a lot of .40 minor.

have 2 cases of stimulus SNS cast bullets, 5k factory primed cases, 8 lbs of WST, and an old grumpy Jack Russell that justs wants to watch me load.

Loading factory primed brass on a 550 is pretty easy. So this saturday will be dedicated to dialing in the 550 and practicing
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Keeping an eye on your supply levels

Have time to do something about it

Have money to do something about it

Sometimes life gets in the way and stuff slips through the cracks.  At least you saw the issue before the day you wanted to use them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 5:25:03 AM EDT
[#2]
.40 minor?
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 5:27:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

.40 minor?
View Quote

I loved 40 minor in a 2011 in 3 gun. Bigger holes, only gave up a few rounds to 9mm, and I already had a gun in that for USPSA. Was running 200gn lead with like mouse fart powder loads. Cycled fine and punched holes in paper easy. Plus you could keep a mag of Major if someone set a heavy popper
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 5:35:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I loved 40 minor in a 2011 in 3 gun. Bigger holes, only gave up a few rounds to 9mm, and I already had a gun in that for USPSA. Was running 200gn lead with like mouse fart powder loads. Cycled fine and punched holes in paper easy. Plus you could keep a mag of Major if someone set a heavy popper
View Quote

Interdasting.

Only reason I own a .40 is for Limited USPSA.

Link Posted: 9/11/2020 5:45:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Interdasting.

Only reason I own a .40 is for Limited USPSA.

View Quote

I think I was at about 3 gn clays. I’d have to look. But made for a stupid fast shooting set up and all I needed to do was switch ammo and a spring to shoot all the games I played.

Ended up going with minor in Uspsa too just for the 3 gun practice.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Time flys. You have a lot of  your favorite stash and then the can was empty.

For the past couple months I have worked the 1050 like a rented mule in 9mm. In the next month I will be shooting a lot of .40 minor.

have 2 cases of stimulus SNS cast bullets, 5k factory primed cases, 8 lbs of WST, and an old grumpy Jack Russell that justs wants to watch me load.

Loading factory primed brass on a 550 is pretty easy. So this saturday will be dedicated to dialing in the 550 and practicing
View Quote

You’re using Winchester Super Target for .40 minor?

Which weight bullets?

I was either using Clays...straight Clays... or TiteGroup for my .40 minor loads.  That was with Berry’s plated bullets , 180 grainers.

Link Posted: 9/12/2020 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
40 minor is pretty fun actually.  You can make a really soft load without changing a thing in the gun.  Not so when I have tried to get 45 ACP that soft.
View Quote

I used to shoot 40 minor (about 132-135 pf) in IDPA with a 165 and (IIRC) VV310.  People that tried it called it a cheater gun!  It was ridiculously soft.

My best major load for USPSA is a 165 and 3n37.  Shouldn't be a light shooter but it is stupid soft.  One day I tried some 3n37 normally used for 38 super open gun loads (recommended by JJ but I don't like it as well as 3n38 but since I bought 15 pounds of it before trying it...) and was like daaayyyuuummm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top